Total Pageviews

Friday, December 13, 2019

FOODIE FRIDAY! My Takumi-Tei Experience!!

Hello all, and welcome back to another edition of FOODIE FRIDAY! 

This week we will be reviewing my fabulous experience at the newer Signature Dining location in the Japan pavilion at Epcot.  It is located in the same building as Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining, and is owned by the same company that operates the entire Japan pavilion, Mitsukoshi USA.


Image result for Takumi-Tei exterior
Photo Credit: WDWmagic.com

The inspiration for the decor comes from nature and five natural elements of Japan which are revered and respected by all.  These are water, wood, earth, stone, or washi paper. (Yes, I paid attention!)  Takumi-Tei means  “house of the artisan,” in Japanese.  

The interior certainly reflects the name.  It's very beautiful and extremely calming the minute you walk through the door.  

Your hostess will pause after you get into the entry and will explain to you about the different elements of the five rooms, paying particular attention to the room you will be seated in.  I really enjoyed hearing everything she explained. 

Image result for takumi tei epcot
Photo credit: disneyfoodblog

I was hoping to sit in the water room, but I was placed in the stone room instead.  Why the water room you ask?  Well, my birth sign is Pisces, being a fish....water....you get it. Anyway, as luck would have it, the design I sat in front of at my table was a stone piece with a water design. Good enough for me.

First off, I loved the simplicity of the table settings.  No over the top mish- mosh that some restaurants have.  Wondering what fork or spoon to use with what.  





The have the Omakase Tasting Menu which runs $150 per person.  First off, I was not interested in picking this as it is an upwards of a three hour dining experience, and I didn't have that time to spare or the budget for it.  That kind of price is just not in my wheelhouse.  So, I ordered off the regular menu which had some great choices, and not outrageous in price.  




The first thing I ordered was a glass of plum wine.  It was delicious and find is goes so well with Japanese cuisine.  It's light and refreshing.  





This display was right behind me at my table. Beautiful, right?


They give you this beautiful rose-colored flatware if you are not inclined to use chop sticks.  



After I ordered my wine, they brought out a small tasting appetizer.  It was a one bite item.  They told me these change daily so you never know what you will get.  This experience I got a marinated portobello mushroom cap with eel and a small amount of sauce.  I was in heaven!  I actually could have eaten an entire plate of those.  It was absolutely delicious.

I had the marinated Duck Breast and it was truly delicious.  I love duck, and order it quite often, and I have to say this is some of the best I have ever tasted.  I was totally thrilled with my choice.  The duck runs $46.00



Besides the food and the atmosphere. the young ladies and the manager there were so kind and friendly.  I get taken care of extra special when I dine alone all over Walt Disney World.  I know they take care of everyone, but it seems like I get that little extra bit of care when I am by myself.  

If you have not tried Takumi-Tei and you like Japanese food, you really owe it to yourself to made a dining reservation here. Keep in mind that this location is only open for dinner. 

 You won't be sorry.  

Below is posted to complete menu for you from the My Disney Experience site.  This will give you current pricing and choice details.  


Takumi-Tei

Dinner Menu

Epcot, World Showcase
Signature Dining



PLEASE NOTE: Guests may consult with a chef or special diets trained Cast Member before placing an order. We use reasonable efforts in our sourcing, preparation and handling procedures to avoid the introduction of the named allergens into allergy-friendly menu choices. While we take steps to prevent cross-contact, we do not have separate allergy-friendly kitchens and are unable to guarantee that a menu item is completely free of allergens. Allergy-friendly offerings are reliant on supplier ingredient labels. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of each food item. Allergen advisory statements (e.g.,”may contain") are not regulated and therefore not taken into consideration when developing allergy-friendly meals. It is ultimately our Guests' discretion to make an informed choice based upon their individual dietary needs. Plant-based items do not contain any animal meat, dairy eggs or honey.
Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.


Thank you for joining me on yet another dining experience journey!  See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment