Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

My 5 Favorite Snacks at Walt Disney World

Welcome once again to my continuing feature of "My 5 Favorites."  This week we are going to cover my five favorite snack foods and locations at Walt Disney World.  Funny, as I was going over all the places I have "snacked" over the years, and all my favorite places just happen to be in the same park.  They are all located in Magic Kingdom, with one of the items on the list being available at all parks.  So, without further delay, here are my choices for My 5 Favorite Snacks at Walt Disney World.

#5 - Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich @ SLEEPY HOLLOW
I love the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow.  They also serve some other great sweet treats as well, including funnel cakes, cookies, Mickey waffles with various toppings and the new Nutella Waffle with fresh fruit. This looks so grand, that I will definitely be trying one on my next visit. 


#4 - Chocolate Croissant @ MAIN STREET BAKERY

Just the smell of this place as you are passing by walking "right down the middle of Main Street, USA"....is enough you almost hypnotize you as it lures you into the shop.  Oh my......just thinking about it, is making my mouth water. My VERY favorite thing there is a latte, and the Chocolate  Croissant.  There are almost no words, except YUMM!  I could not find a specific picture of the Croissant, but pictured below are some of there other delectable treats!!



#3 - Citrus Swirl @ SUNSHINE TREE TERRACE

This location is right near The Enchanted Tiki Room and serves this heavenly Citrus Swirl. The return of Citrus Swirl is making mouths water for the combination of frozen orange and soft-serve vanilla ice cream. Guests can get the cool treat in either a cone or a cup. I for one, can't wait to taste it again!!

Citrus Swirl is  Orange slush with vanilla soft serve ice cream.   Sunshine Tree also has pineapple juice floats, milk shakes, soft serve ice cream cups or cones (in Chocolate, vanilla or swirl), orange or raspberry-lemonade slush,  chips, cookies and drinks like cappuccino or espresso and soda. And don't forget....that adorable little Orange Bird is back!!  You can get Orange Bird merchandise at this location!!



 And check out the adorable orange bird sipper cup – for kids of all ages. Orange Bird and Citrus Swirl, so glad to have them back!!!



#2 - TIE!  Mickey Icon Ice Cream Bar and Mickey shaped or otherwise Rice Krispie Treats- various locations.

I could not choose between these 2 favorite of mine.  I love them both, so had to give them equal billing.  And, they are both as readily available as can be around the parks.  I cannot make a trip to the WORLD without indulging in both of these delectable  treats on more than one occasion.  there are carts around the parks about every 50 yards it seems where you can get the Mickey Icon Ice Cream Bar, and most shops carry the wonderful Rice Krispie Treats.  The best place I ever had the Krispie "square" was was the freshest and BIGGEST I ever tasted was at Wilderness Lodge.  All I can say is YUMM AGAIN!!







#1 - Dole Whip @ ALOHA ISLE

COME ON!  You know you agree with me, that this is the best snack ever at Walt Disney World!  I mean, that is you would more than likely agree if you have actually had one.  If not, you don't know what you are missing.  It's cool, it's refreshing, it's delicious!  Aloha Isle is located in Adventureland right near the Swiss Family Treehouse.  they sell the infamous Whip, along with pineapple spears and juice, pineapple floats and other tropical treats.  It will be the first snack I have when we take our trip in October!


So, there you have it folks.  Those are my choices for My 5 Favorite snacks at Walt Disney World.  Join us again next week, when we will be covering My 5 Favorite Table Service dining locations.  See ya then!





 





2 comments:

  1. One of these days, I'm gonna go to the world, and have a DOLE WHIP! And think of you, every bite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAwwwww..that's nice! You will love it!! If you are not a lover of pineapple though, try the Citrus Swirl from Sunshine Tree Terrace.......you will get the same "brain freeze" feeling, only orange style!

    ReplyDelete