Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2012

MY 4 FAVORITE ATTRACTIONS.......!!!

Ok gang! So, after the last four weeks, I reviewed and gave my ratings of park attractions in "My 5 Favorites". One week was dedicated to each park on Walt Disney World property. We started with Magic Kingdom, then went to EPCOT, then Hollywood Studios and ended up last week with my coverage of Animal Kingdom. this week, I am covering my favorite attraction at each park and giving you my reason for picking each one in order. So, we will being with my number four choice and work our way up to my VERY FAVORITE ATTRACTION OF ALL TIME!
#4 - SOARIN'- This is actually my husbands pick for favorite attraction. I absolutely love it, but as I go on in my upward progression of my favorites you will see why I don't feel the same as he does. Our last trip to Walt Disney World in February of 2010, was the first time for both of us on this attraction. This is one of the reasons why it is my favorite at EPCOT, and my #4 rank of very favorites at Walt Disney World. The beauty of the film, the scents you get as you "fly" 45 feet in the air over this giant IMAX projection dome is almost unreal. This "ride" takes you soaring over upper Yosemite Falls of Yosemite Valley, past an active naval aircraft carrier in San Diego Bay, by San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge and then down over the vast desert of Death Valley and to the lush wine country of Napa Valley. The gentle motion, unbelievable music, and scented breezes will "carry you away." It is calmer than traditional "thrill rides," but the sensation of flight is very realistic. I am afraid of heights, and this does not bother me at all.
#3 - TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA- Take aim and ride an interactive 4-D "Toy Story" adventure. You get some 3-D glasses, (or should that say 4-D) before boarding your ride vehicle and zipping off into a world of immersive, midway-style games hosted by favorite characters like Woody, Buzz, Rex and Hamm! You use spring-action shooters to launch virtual darts at balloons, rings at aliens, eggs at barnyard targets and beyond. (Psssst. Certain targets trigger fun surprises!) On your final stop, the scores are tallied and the highest for the day are displayed. This is another attraction that was a first for us together, so it will hold a special place in my heart. We got to this attraction in the morning, and it was pouring rain. We had a 45 minute wait, but I said, "who cares....it's pouring outside, might as well stay dry in here." And, we got dry, as we had a long queue, but really got to "soak" it all in (no pun intended as it was raining, and we were all wet!) Loved the interaction with Mr. Potato Head, and all the cool toys from my childhood. The ride itself was a "blast," oh...there I go again...... Anyway, it was so much fun. We are really not that competitive with each other, but he won....who cares!
#2 - EXPEDITION EVEREST- Through the mists of Asia, a colossal adventure rises. Expedition Everest™! Hop on a high-speed train through the Himalayas for treacherous chasms and hair-pin turns which are just the start of the action. But beware, screams get the attention of the mountain’s guardian – the dreaded Yeti. In an instant, frigid winds blast and icy tracks hurl the train forward, then backward into the abyss on a spiraling drop into the mountain. You see the beast. Trouble is, he sees you too. This is probably the most fun I have ever had on a roller coaster. I am not a big lover of roller coasters per say, but this one definitely tops my list! I was afraid it was going to be too much for me, so I was a bit apprehensive when going the first time. I was pleasantly surprised, even though we went BACKWARDS for part of the ride. It was just so much fun!! Again, this was the first time on this attraction for my hubby and I, which again....has an effect on my choice here, to rank this number one as my favorite attraction at Animal Kingdom, and give it a #2 rank on my top four favorites list. I was ready to go again right after we got done with the ride the first time, and we are so looking forward to our visit in October so we can "see the Yeti" again!!
#1 - PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN- Well, I will tell you this. Pirates of the Caribbean will be my number one pick forever. Nothing can ever bump it from top spot, for several reasons. First off, it is the entire concept that I love. The story being told here as your boat cruises among the action of pirates, and fire, and cannons is fun all in itself. The tie that binds me and my two sons to this attraction will be forever in my heart. They loved it the first time, and called it "our ride," from that point on. My youngest is 19 now, and still says that. I look forward to the day when he will be able to take a trip to Walt Disney World with me, and we can experience this all over again. (I am a sap, and I know I will cry!) There is also now a deep tie to my husband with this attraction. We have seen all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies together, and love them. It was the first attraction at Magic Kingdom that we went on during our last trip, and repeated it several times. I feel so close to this attraction, that I could almost move in there, and feel right at home! "Yo ho, yo ho! A pirate's life for me!" Do you not keep singing that song after to exit the attraction? I sure do! So, take a wild voyage through secret caverns and fierce sea battles as you join the rowdiest rogues and rapscallions that ever sacked the Spanish Main. It's a boat ride through classic Disney swashbuckling adventures. And now that Captain Jack's joined the crew there is even more to see! Discover Captain Jack and his nemesis Barbossa interacting with some of your favorite Audio-Animatronics® buccaneers and adding a terrific twist to the classic adventure — along with new special effects. Number One for me, forever and beyond!
Please join me again next Sunday as I begin coverage of "My 5 Favorites" in Walt Disney World snacks!! Until then, have a magical week!

2 comments:

  1. It's neat seeing your very favorite of favorites
    and why. :)

    Great review! I haven't been on a couple of these, and now I sure want to go!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT! Anytime I can turn someone on to something at Walt Disney World they have never tried before....is a success to me!!

    ReplyDelete