Total Pageviews

Monday, July 30, 2012

MEMORABLE MONDAY

Well, here we are at Monday again.  The last Monday of July for 2012 to be exact.  Time for our segment of Memorable Mondays.  We are featuring myself today.  The story and pictures below are from my first trip to Disneyland in 1978....my first and ONLY trip to be exact.  Thinking it's time to take a trip out west again in the next couple years.

When I was 19, I had an eventful summer.  A close friend got married in May 1978.  At that wedding, I met the man I would eventually re-meet 28 years later and marry him in 2009.  I slipped and fell in the garage at my house and broke my wrist and got a cast, only to have that cast removed one week before I stood up as maid-of-honor at my best friends wedding in August.  A week after that I left for a trip to visit an old friend in southern California.  This would be one of the most memorable summers of my life.  I spent 2 weeks with her, and during that time we took a 4 day trip which included a visit to Disneyland. 

Keep in mind, that my first trip to a Disney location was Walt Disney World in 1976, so I was constantly comparing the two parks.  One thing I did notice, was that Space Mountain at WDW was much more exciting than at Disneyland, at least it was back then. 

Here are a couple pictures from that time.  The first one is when we were exiting the park, and the other one is after I got home.  I was with my giant Mickey (that got his own seat on the plane during our trip home), and my Mickey ears! 



If you would like to share a "memorable" trip to any Disney location, please send a story and attach your pictures in an e-mail to me.  Send to Disneynut1958@gmail.com.  See you all again next week!

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic with your large Mickey! :) You look so cute in those Mickey ears, too. :)
    That's funny, that Mickey got his own seat on the plane. I bet you couldn't do that these days.
    As far as that summer...I can see why it's a memorable one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got his own seat on the airplane on the way home! Yes, it was an extremely memorable summer!

    ReplyDelete