Total Pageviews

Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Memorable Monday!

Wow, can a week really pass that quickly?  It seems like it was just the other day that we had Memorable Monday!  Well, here we are again.  You have to deal with seeing my memorable pictures again this week.  A technical glitch with the submission for this week will delay it until next week.  So, here we go.
My last trip to Walt Disney World was with my husband Paul.  It was our belated honeymoon.  We were married in May of 2009, but were not able to take vacation time for this trip until the last day of January.  We were in Florida for 10 days, 5 of which were at Walt Disney World.  Since it was our honeymoon we splurged on staying at The Polynesian.  What a great resort!!  The first picture here is the view from our room.  We were on the lagoon, and this is what we saw each morning when we opened the drapes!


Our first night on property, we had dinner at Kona Cafe, and then went to Magic Kingdom because Extra Magic Hours were going on that day.  It was a Sunday.  We stayed late, but still got up early the next day, as we were going back to Magic Kingdom again.  I told Paul about Harmony Barber Shop and had him not get a haircut before we left on the trip so he could get one there.  Here is the picture of him with his "barber,"



Further into the trip, we saw Beauty and the Beast Live on stage!  WOW!  What an experience!  Like the movie came to life....hey, it really did!  That is one of my very favorite Disney movies, and I cried like a baby at the end!! (Yes, just like I do at home!)


Finally, one of my very favorite things to see not in the parks is in this picture.  Wilderness Lodge is one of my very favorite resorts.  We opted for The Polynesian on that trip because Paul had not been to WDW since 1975, (ya, can you imagine??)  and he wanted have the convenience of the Monorail at his fingertips. 
I took him over to Wilderness Lodge for a tour.  It was so nice to be back there.  It really brought back fond memories of being there with my boys. 

I just think these "teepee chandeliers" are so cool!!!


So, there you have this weeks picks from me for Memorable Monday.  If you would like to submit a sort story and some photos from a memorable trip to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or Disney cruise, please send the pictures in an attachment in your e-mail to: Disneynut1958@gmail.com.  We always love seeing what brings back great memories for other Disney travelers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment