Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 2, 2020

BOOK REVIEW - Black Spire by Delilah S. Dawson

                                                Featured on the cover is Resistance Spy,  Vi Moradi 

STAR WARS has been a part of my life since the original film came out in 1977 when I was 19.  Fully grasping the concept of this movie and then eventual trilogy, and then all the other films that followed made it a love that I have never lost.

Stepping into Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney World for the first time back in August of 2019 literally brought tears to my eyes, so much so I had to step to the side and compose myself.  The land is truly immersive and so true to what I think the whole concept of a real place in these films would be like.

After being there in August, I found out about this book, STAR WARS Galaxy's Edge BLACK SPIRE by Delilah S.Dawson, who is a New York Times Best Selling Author.The book is all about this created land of Galaxy's Edge.  The story is about how the Resistance came to be at this place called Black Spire Outpost and the struggles they face.

I don't want to give too much away about this book because I want you to read it!
If you are a STAR WARS fan, and you enjoy going to Galaxy's Edge (or even if you have not been yet) this will help you understand who the characters are that are interacting with guests there and know their names, and what they do.  This book totally brings them into perspective when you see them there.

I loved this book and had a hard time putting it down as it kept my interest the entire time.    I love to read physical books (don't yell at me for killing trees please!)  I am still old school and love to own books and hold them to read while turning pages, I have book shelves where I can display my books too.

I am going to try and convince my Paul to read this before we go on our trip in March so he can really understand what the land and its inhabitants are all about.

I got the book on Amazon so I have included the link for it below.
https://www.amazon.com/Galaxys-Edge-Black-Spire-Star/dp/0593128389/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2KCJXRM787WIJ&keywords=black+spire+star+wars&qid=1577988084&s=books&sprefix=Black+Spire%2Caps%2C185&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment