Total Pageviews

Friday, January 17, 2020

FOODIE (and DRINK) FRIDAY! Talking about Margarita and Margherita!

So, we have hit the end of the road with things I ate, and places I dined on my last trip to Walt Disney World.  Next week, we start talking about the places we are going for the trip we are taking the first week in March for my birthday!  

Yes!  I am going to be at WDW for the first time EVER on my actual birthday, and I can't tell you how excited I am.


So, today we are taking a look at a place I have never dined, and also something I have never had to drink before.
Here we go!


First off, let's talk about tequila.  Normally Jose' and I don't get along too well.  Tequila normally hits me like a bomb, and this was no exception.  


I was killing some time before my Fast Pass for Soarin', and I was over in World Showcase at Mexico.  I made the decision to stop at Choza de Margarita and I ordered the cucumber margarita.  It was very delicious, and really different from anything I have ever had before.  But, Holy Hannah was that thing strong!  After only drinking about half of it, I was loopy!  I literally got half way to the Land pavilion, and I had to stop, and sit for a good half an hour.  Fortunately, I had quite a bit of time to kill.  If you are going to order something from here, please make sure you eat!  




The next place I want to talk about is Trattoria al Forno at Disney's Boardwalk.  I had never dined here before and I was over at Abracadabar and had no plans for dinner, so I went onto My Disney Experience while I was having my cocktail and I was able to snag a last minute reservation.  
I was totally shocked because the restaurant was totally packed!  

I am so glad I did this because I absolutely loved it!  As a matter of fact, we are having breakfast here the day after my birthday for the character experience.  We will talk about that in the next coming weeks.
SO, I was seated at a small table and it was really in a nice place and was not crammed up against a bunch of other people and was able to have a nice relaxing dinner. 





I started out with my glass of Rose'- delicious!


This was the bred service and dipping delight they brought for me.


I had the Caprese salad, and it was so very good!!!!



And I got the Pizza Margherita which is of course the traditional Crushed Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Villa Manodori Olive Oil.



I am so glad I made the decision to try another new place on that trip.  It made me a total fan!

See you all next week when we start exploring the places we will be dining!
See ya' real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment