Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 8, 2013

My 25 Favorite Disney Things #18

Diving into talking about the attractions on my list of top 25 favorite things at Walt Disney World.......funny....how I thought of "diving into"....when #18 on my list is Splash Mountain!
I love the theme of this attraction, equally as much as I love the five-story drop into the briar patch below!



Splash Mountain is based on the animated sequences in Walt Disney's 1946 film, Song of the South.  The scenery entertains as you follow along with Br'er Rabbit on his adventures as he tries to reach his "laughin' place."  There is so much to see as your "log boat" floats along through the story, and then you go up, up up, and then DOWN>>>>>>>!!

Be prepared to get wet!  It's a great attraction when it's on the hot side and the sun is shining....not so much if it's cold.  When Paul and I were on our trip in 2010, it was very cold the day we were at Magic Kingdom.  I was almost happy that we were there during a pretty substantial refurbishment.  It didn't make it so bad that we could not go, as I probably would have thought twice with the cold temps. 


When we went in 2012 we were able to ride, and then when I was there again ths past May, of course I could not pass up the opportunity to experience this attraction. (as you will see below- me, the rock star!)





Join me again tomorrow as I reveal my #17 pick!!  See ya' then pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment