Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Memorable Monday!!

Good Monday to all!  It is once again time for our Memorable Monday segment here at the "Disney Tidbits" blog.  Today, we feature my dear friend Cathy Cole.  The submission she sent is about her son, and I can see why events like this, will always hold a dear spot in her heart.    

Cathy shares:

Time has left me with more than a few really good memories of Walt Disney World, but one high on my list, is of sharing a special day in the "World" with my son.

His band has been fortunate and good enough, to be accepted to play in pre-parades two years in a row at Walt Disney World.

You can imagine how exciting is was to see my son in uniform, marching down main street and in front of Cinderella Castle, with his band! This was such a thrill, I can't even say.

Just this past March, they were invited to perform in the pre-parade for the Electrical Light Parade! What an honor!  While I don't have a good quality picture of that, I do have one of the first year they played, right in front of the castle (my son is the tallest Sousaphone in the center of his row). 

Naturally, I shouted cheers for him and the band, and then ran from my place to beat them across the bridge to  Frontierland to watch them  again.

Disney was so wonderful to the kids. They each got a souvenir reminder of their trip. Last year, it was a back sack with musical symbols on it. This year, they got a pin and certificate. Their band got a really cool trophy with Mickey Mouse on top.

Better still, the kids, and we parents, saved and fund raised so that they could spend that day having fun at the park, as well as a night in a moderate hotel, and the next day at a park as well.
The kids had a blast, and have memories of a life time.





I'm so glad that Walt Disney World allows performing groups these opportunities, and so happy that my son got to participate.


Thank you Cathy, for sharing this great story and pictures with us this week!!  

If you want to share some great memories and pictures with the readers of this blog, please send your story and pictures to me at Disneynut1958@gmail.com.  Please send the photos as an attachment.  Thank you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment