Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Top 5 "To-Do's" That We Have Never Done at Walt Disney World Part 2- EPCOT

Wow!  Sunday again.  This last week really flew by.  Last week we focused on the five things on our "To-Do" list at Magic Kingdom.  This week, we cover the places we have never been at EPCOT.  Some of you may be surprised by the things I put on this list, others who know me well, will not be surprised at all. 
So, here we go with this week's list. 

#5 - Mission: SPACE

One of my very favorite movies of all time is "The Right Stuff".  Do I think I have it?  Not sure.  I have always been interested in space travel, and at one point in my life wanted to be an astronaut.  Well, my math skills are severely lacking without the aid of a calculator, so I figured that was not the right career path for me! (good thinking on my part.)  Also the fact that I used to get car sick, and sick on roller coasters and anything that twirled me around also would have kept me out of the space program.  That still did not dampen my interest in astronomy.  Now, getting to Mission Space.  I am going to admit that I really don't think I can handle the orange version of this attraction.  If I make the decision to go at all, it will be the "lite" version which is the green version.  Will I turn green?  That is the ultimate question.  I would love to get some feedback from my readers on these thoughts.  Have you done Mission: SPACE?  Which version did you go on?  Did you get sick?  The advice is, "guests must be free of back and heart problems, motion sickness and other physical limitations".  Do I even want to attempt this at all?   Let me hear from you!!



#4 - THE QUEEN'S TABLE

This is a shop in the United Kingdom pavilion of World Showcase that I did not venture into on our last trip, or ever before.  After all the things I have read about this little store, I definitely will be shopping there.  Reviews say, "this is one of the loveliest shops in all of Epcot.  Inside the shop, you will find a room called "Adams Room", which is embellished with elaborate moldings, and a crystal chandelier.  The shop sells handbags, perfumes, soaps and other fragrant items. They also sell Belleek pottery (made in Ireland) and other brands of fine china are sold in "The Queen's Table". This shop also carries native music and books from Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Scottish or Welsh tartans and ties are found here, as well as, bagpipes and the Welsh "Love Spoon."
To brew the perfect English tea, first you will need a fine china tea pot and perhaps a tea cup. Why stop there though, when you could get a milk jug, sugar bowl and even a napkin holder.
  Another must see with this shop is the small and serene Britannia Square outside of the shop farthest from the promenade.  this place is right up my alley.  I love purses...and perfume and pottery!! 



#3 -FRIENDSHIP BOATS

Although they are not great time-savers, Epcot's Friendship Boats transport guests across the World Showcase Lagoon. There are two routes:
  • World Showcase Plaza (Canada side) to Morocco
  • World Showcase Plaza (Mexico side) to Germany
For nearly all guests, taking the boat is far slower than walking. However, guests on the Friendship Boats get to sit in air conditioning. Take the Friendship Boats if you need a break or a different perspective on World Showcase.  I want to see what it looks like from the water.
Note that different Friendship Boats take guests from a dock outside Epcot's International Gateway to and from Disney's Epcot Area resorts , we want to take one over to the SWAN and DOLPHIN Resorts to see what they are like.   It is usually faster to walk to the Epcot resorts, but I think it will be fun to take one of the boats.




#2 - DER TEDDYBAR

Anyone who knows me well, is aware of the fact that I am a sucker for a Teddy Bear.  Losing my beloved teddy that I had possessed from birth, by leaving him in a hotel room at The Sorrento  Hotel on Miami Beach at the tender age of 5, has haunted me to this day.  Of course my parents made phone calls to the hotel after we came home to find he was not in my suitcase.  The are sure that he made his way to the home of the housekeeper for our room, and was never to be seen or held by me again.  My Mom said to me, "maybe the little child had no other toys to play with and this would now be their comfort in the middle of the night".  This held no consolation to me.  I just wanted my "pal" back.  I had other bears after that, but none could ever compare.  So, needless to say I have great interest in checking out this shop.  Now that Duffy the Disney Bear is sold here, I am sure one will be coming home with me!

Hidden Mickey Alert: Check the iron work holding the hanging baskets near the teddy bear shop.









Der Teddybar....will I find a replacement?









This is me at age 1, with my now lost teddy!









#1 - EPCOT FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL

This will be our first time attending this awesome event.  I have heard so many great things about it, that my mouth is already starting to water!  We are planning on "Sna-lunching" our way around World Showcase.  "Sna-lunching"?  Is this really a word?  Well, it is since I just made it up!  We are going to have snacks, and lunch at the booths of the festival.  We have our 7:15pm dinner reservations for Tokyo Dining so we can get our sushi fix...and this is one of our favorite places to dine in all of Walt Disney World, so we can't pass on having dinner there on this trip as well. I am a wine drinker, not to be confused with "wine-o"..let's make that distinction right now!  My husband is a beer drinker, so he is anxiously awaiting this trip to try some interesting beers from around the world. We both can't wait to try a little food from this country, and a little from that country.  This will be a fun day indeed! 







Check out the Disneyfoodblog.com  for more details about this event!!
 http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-and-menus/

Well, that about wraps up this weeks edition.  Join me next Sunday as I will be covering My Top 5 "To-Do's" that we have never done at Hollywood Studios!  See you all then!



1 comment:

  1. I'm out for Mission Space(I, too, suffer from motion sickness). However, I AM all in with the Queen's table. It seems like it would be right up my alley! I might choose to spend my money on china and music rather than purses and perfume, but I'd sure enjoying checking them out. I think the boat rides would be quite pleasurable as well, and could be just the relaxing break needed. Love teddy bears and wouldn't that be a fun, charming shop to poke around in? I'm sorry about your teddy. :*( I had a silver charm bracelet that was stolen by housekeeping, too...it had charms from every state out west we had been to up til then..about 9! all silver. I'm the same way about charms..but they don't make charms the way they used to. I even had a TEDDY charm. (bear from Yellow stone). sigh. memories, right? I wish you a most enjoyable visit to the food and wine festival. I hear that all the foods are calorie free. ;)

    ReplyDelete