Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

I'ts MEMORABLE MONDAY!!

Welcome once again to our Memorable Monday segment.  I love reading the stories that are sent to me, and the great pictures that come along with them. The smiling faces can brighten up ANY gloomy Monday.  So, this week, our feature member is Jamie Robbins Longoria.   I have had the pleasure of meeting Jamie in person twice now, and her adorable daughter.  This is what Jamie sent to me:
 
 
Hi everyone! My name is Jamie Robbins Longoria and I am from Chicago, IL! I recently returned home from a VERY special Walt Disney World trip! May 22-28th, 2012, I was fortunate enough to visit WDW with my 5 year old daughter, Kayla, and my mom, Sandy, for a 6 night/7 day visit! We stayed at Port Oleans French Quarter, which is a beautiful resort! This trip was extra special because I WON it thanks to WDW Radio & Mei/Mousefan Travel during Lou Mongello's 40 Hour show back in October 2011.
 
This is the link to the blog post I wrote after winning the trip!
 
 
 
The trip was just incredible! I could probably go on and on about everything we did and expereinced, but I will share a few of my highlights!
 
 
I was most excited to visit The Magic Kingdom and see the new Storybook Circus and ride Dumbo, both at night and during the day! It was all that I expected and even more! I took so much video of it and pictures, and only half was open when we visited. I can't wait to go back now that both spinners are open and see how that is! I loved showing Kayla and my mom all the details in the new area! I loved trying to peek over the wall at the Beauty and the Beast & The Little Mermaid areas, and just tried to imagine how Fantasyland will look once those areas open!
 
We visited a couple days after Flower & Garden Festival ended, but were still able to see many of the displays around Epcot! Everything was so beautiful! I have always loved Epcot and the floral displays just made it more beautiful! One of the nights we visited, after riding Journey into Imagination, we wandered over the the jumping water area, and I watched Kayla play in the water and just smiled. Years ago, my mom watched me do the very same thing and it was just so heartwarming to see my daughter enjoy an area that I loved growing up (and still do!)
 
We also got to enjoy Star Wars Weekend #2 over at DHS, and that was so much fun! I would recommend definatly arriving early though for the SWW parade and Hyperspace Hoopla, or else you may not get to see or enjoy them! I had always wanted to visit during SWW and it was so much fun. We didn't even get to see or do everything that is offered, but we did get to meet a few characters, ride Star Tours, made our own droids, and saw part of the parade and Hoopla, not with the best views though! We are already planning on going back next year to fully enjoy it! 
 
 
One of the most memorable moment of the trip was meeting Lou, Deanna, and the kids at Downtown Disney! We spent about 20 minutes with them, talking and taking pictures! It was a dream to actually meet Lou and hug him and tell him thank you in person! I have been listening to his podcasts each week and watching his live shows, and was so geeked out! I kept thinking "OMG I am meeting Lou! I can't believe it!"  I gave him a small gift, a Chicago "Windy City" Vinylmation, which he loved! It was just a small token of my appreciation for everything he does, not only covering Disney news, but also offering encouraging thoughts every day, which always seem to come at the right time for me! 
 
 
 
I was so excited to meet up with many of my online Disney friends in person during the week! I felt truly accepted and had such wonderful conversations with everyone, with whom before had only communicated with on Facebook. It is amazing how special the Disney community is and how it brings people together! I have never felt so happy and had so much fun than I did with my friends in WDW!
 
I loved seeing the smiles on Kayla and my mom's faces as we visited the parks, visited our friend Mickey and all his pals, and spent time at our resort! I loved the fact that I am creating traditions with Kayla that will be carried on for so many years to come, such as eating at Crystal Palace or riding Tower of Terror! I loved the feeling of peacefulness and being "home" while on WDW property! I can't wait until I am able to live down in Florida and truly BE home!
 
 
Thank you Kris for allowing me to share my trip! 
 
Thanks again to Jamie for sharing this great story!!  If you want to share a "Memorable" story at a Disney park or cruise, please send me some pictures and your story to: Disneynut1958@gmail.com.  Thanks, and see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment