Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Top 5 "To-Do's" at Walt Disney World That We have Never Done Before- Part 3/ Hollywood Studios

It's Sunday boys and girls, so that means it it time once again for the next installment if our feature "My Top 5 "To-Do's at Walt Disney World That We Have Never Done Before".  This week we will be talking about Disney's Hollywood Studios.
I know there will be many "gasps" and "huh's?"  at the things I have not done, especially when we reach my #1 pick.  Many of my visits in the past have been limited time wise, or having kids in tow who are too tired for later evening events.  So, let's begin!

#5 - Studio Backlot Tour

No, we have never done this "tour" before.  When my kids were younger, they had absolutely no interest in this at all.  I put it at #5, because I am really not sure if I want to spend 30 minutes of my valuable time  doing this.  I want to do STAR TOURS as least twice, and Toy Story Midway Mania at least twice, so I am iffy with this as best.  Any feedback yeah or neigh would be greatly appreciated from my readers. 


#4 - Eat at Backlot Express

Never had the opportunity to take in a meal at this location, but will be doing it this time.  I have heard some great things about the food here, so really want to try it.  Besides the food, I want to take in everything this place has to offer with all the great things to see.




Backlot Express Daily Menu

April 14, 2012

Entrees

1/3 lb Angus Onion Straw Bacon Cheeseburger
with House Sauce, served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
$8.79
Chicken Breast Nuggets (8 pieces)
served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
$8.19
Hot Dog
with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
$6.79
Southwest Salad with Chicken
Mixed Greens, Crisp Corn Tortilla, Black Bean Relish, Avocado and Cilantro Vinnigrette
$8.29
Grilled Turkey and Cheese
Multigrain Ciabatta, Argula and Red peppers served with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
$8.99
Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
Basil Asiago Artisan Bread, Mushrooms, Red Peppers, Zuchini, Tomato, Watercress, Cheese, Sun-dried Tomato Paste with Carrot Sticks or French Fries
$8.99

This looks like a great menu to me!!!



#3 - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

GASP #1------I hear it!  NO!  I really have never ridden on T.O.T.!!  I am a big chicken!  I admit it.  But I tell you what.  After all the cool things I have discovered about this attraction in the queue area, I have to at least go through it.  I could go out the "chicken door" if I can't bring myself to actually go into the car for the ride......but, since my friends 4 year old grandson went on this.......not once, but TWICE......I feel like I cannot let myself be shown up by a 4 year old! 



#2 - Dine at Hollywood and Vine

This will be a first for us.  It really sounds like a "me" kind of place.  The Art Deco facade takes guests back into the 50's type diner with it's stainless steel and pink accents.  I can't wait to see the huge 42x 8 mural that features Hollywood landmarks like Disney Studios, Warner Brothers, the Carthay Circle Theater and Columbia Ranch.
We will be having dinner at 5:30pm.  Dinner is "character free" except for my husband, (because he is a real character!)  We got an ADR with the special seating for FANTASMIC! later that evening! 



#1 - FANTASMIC!

GASP #2!!  Yup, I hear it!  You are saying, "What does she mean she has never been to FANTASMIC! before??"  No, we really have not, and I am sorry to say that.  Our last trip was in 2010 in early February, and the show was not running at that time because of weather related issues.  It was very chilly and rainy that week so no FANTASMIC! period.  This trip however, we will be seeing it, and have priority seating with our ADR at Hollywood and Vine like I mentioned above. 
I am so excited to see this, I can't even explain it.  Seeing videos, and pictures no way do this justice.  So, I am anxious to see it in person!!



Well folks, there you have my list of  top 5 "To-Do's" at Hollywood Studios.  Join us next week as we cover the last park we will visit, which is Disney's Animal Kingdom.  The following week we will cover things we want to do that are not in the parks.  Until then, may your week be MAGICAL!

2 comments:

  1. Gasp!!! almost all of our favorites are on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Time has always been my enemy with certain attractions! Not this time!!!

    ReplyDelete