Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 8, 2021

FOODIE FRIDAY!!

Happy Friday everyone!!  Happy Foodie Friday as well.  
Today we start to review my table service meals I enjoyed when I was on my last trip.

My first meal in a park was a wonderful surprise!  I had been hearing some things about what was going on at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom with the buffet being replaced with the COVID restrictions going on, and the menu looked so good and so interesting, I just had to try it.

I got a noon reservation for myself and checked in and got my table within 5 minutes of when I sat down to wait.    


My view.





I was seated in a very nice spot and began to make my choices.  My server was great and she got the drink that I ordered (which was iced tea) and I also decided to have a glass of Cabernet (J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon) since I had decided on having the Fire Roasted Prime Rib.

My salad and rolls were brought out.  The salad was totally delicious, but to be honest the rolls left me a bit flat.   The rolls were Homestyle Buttermilk and Cheddar Bacon Biscuits served with Honey Butter, Caramelized Onion Butter, and Hot Pepper Jelly. I ate half of one but was very underwhelmed, so I left the rest.





My wine arrived and it was really good.  The salad I chose was the Marinated Watermelon and Tomatoes Crisp Greens, Tomatoes, Watermelon, Onion, Candied Walnuts, and Hot Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette (Plant-based).

My glorious entree arrived, and it was not only stunning to see, but it was also absolutely delicious!!   Everything on the plate was tasty and the prime rib was seasoned well, and almost tender enough to use the butter knife.  I was extremely pleased with my choice.  The sides that came with the Prime Rib were served with Potatoes au Gratin, Creamed Spinach, and Horseradish Cream.
I would not have changed a thing, but since I dined there, I did learn that you could ask for different sides.  I happen to love creamed spinach!!





Dessert was an experience all on its own!  The Family Style Dessert Platter was way too much for one person, but of course, I had to try a little of all of the items on the tray.  This included Seasonal Fritters with Powdered Sugar and Chocolate Dipping Sauce, Banana Cream Pie, Hummingbird Cake, and a Honey of a Cupcake.





All in all, this was a fabulous meal that I would go back for again.

Thanks for joining me today for Foodie Friday!!  Next week we talk about the Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen, which is one of my favorite places in Walt Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment