Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 15, 2021

FOODIE FRIDAY! Another Wonderful Experience at Skipper Canteen!

 Those who know me well, know that one of my favorite places to go in Magic Kingdom is The Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen, more lovingly known as the Skipper Canteen.  

For those who are not aware of the back story of this location it is as follows:

legend has it, that it is operated by Alberta Falls, the granddaughter of the fictitious Dr. Albert Falls. Alberta has repurposed the company's tropical headquarters into a restaurant to generate additional revenue from the hungry cruise passengers.

Here is a link to follow for some great information about the restaurant from the Touring Plans website.

https://touringplans.com/blog/2017/04/15/s6_skippercanteen/

My latest visit was for a later dinner.  I was actually seated in the same room I was back in November and also had the same server! She was great both times!! I even got to sit at the exact same table both times!  Talk about reliving your past!  Deja vu anyone?



A nice glass of Rose' to start out my meal!  

This is the Graham Beck Brut Rose, South Africa.


I love this room because of the stained glass parrot chandeliers! 



I tried something I had not tried there before.  I went with a basic fried chicken called "Tastes Like Chicken Because it is" and it was delicious! The chicken was served on a bed of seasoned rice and a side of stir-fried vegetables.   



They were kind enough to give me a little chocolate mini-cake for my birthday!


Once again, another enjoyable experience at Skipper Canteen!  

Join me next week as we talk about my actual birthday day at Hollywood Studios for drinks at Oga's Cantina, lunch at ABC Commissary, and then dinner at Disney Springs!  See ya Real Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment