Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

OUR VISIT TO DOLLYWOOD!

 We experienced Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN for the first time this week.  We totally enjoyed ourselves, and it was a great place to spend our 12th Anniversary.  



Our visit coincided with the Flower & Food Festival going on right now.  The topiaries were scattered around the park (not as many as Epcot has for their Flower & Garden Festival, but great non the less.)
We really enjoyed seeing them.




      I guess the big mistake of the day was thinking it was a good idea to go on the Lightning Rod rollercoaster the first thing when we got there.  Going 70mph at 9:15am maybe was not the smartest decision I ever made!  



Seeing your life flash before your eyes, brings everything into perspective, especially when what you saw was pretty boring in the grand scheme of things.  


After that experience, we came down to earth knowing we were alive and enjoyed the rest of our day wandering around the park and seeing the old cars, more flowers, and even going to church at the chapel!  (I for one was thanking God for sparing my life on the day of our anniversary!)








The Cinnamon Bread was everything we had heard about, and more!  It was delicious!  It was like a treat from heaven (without actually losing my life on the rollercoaster and living to tell the tale!)


This little hidden gem can be found in the woodcarver's shop.  Say hello to Mary Ann!  Don't know the story, check it out by using google to research!


The Chapel is named after the Dr. who brought Dolly into this world! 
Robert F. Thomas is his name.


We went for a ride on the train!  This was really nice and relaxing, and more our speed than careening down a wooden track that you can't see the bottom of!


Paul really enjoyed chatting with the Engineer and the Conductor!



This is Dolly's COAT OF MANY COLORS display!  



This is the harp fountain!







Thanks for reading about our little adventure to Dollywood!!



4 comments:

  1. We went on the same roller coaster the first thing in the park I too, thought I was going to die, while Steve and Trent said it was eh..They are crazy Never again lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, I saw my rather boring life flash before my eyes and it was rather boring. Coming off a seat for 90 seconds was not my idea of a good time. Thanks for reading and for your comment

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. As you most likely guessed, 3 of my favorite parts of this are: umbrellas, butterfly, train.

    ReplyDelete