Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2021

FOODIE FRIDAY!! My First Experience at The Wave!!

 Hey all!  Sorry for missing last Friday, but we were out of town and I totally forgot to do my post before we left.  (Old age).

This week we are taking a look at my experience...my very first experience heading to the Contemporary for my dinner at The Wave... of American Flavors.







I am not really sure what took me so long to try this place, but I regret I had not been until now.  I was very pleasantly surprised with my experience.  Maybe I should say surprised, as I have heard many great things about it.  

I had a partial day at Animal Kingdom and headed back to my resort to rest, pack (as I was leaving the next day) and change my clothes for a nice evening out.

My reservation was at 7pm, and I arrived at about 6:45, so I checked in and got called shortly before my 7pm time.  

I was seated and taken care of shortly thereafter.  My server was very efficient.  







I ordered a cocktail instead of wine today!  Yeah, I bet you are surprised!! 😉   This cocktail was recommended to me by a friend, Pat W., and also a member of my Walt Disney Maniacs group on Facebook.  This is called the BAY LAKE SUNSET.  It's no longer on the menu, but she suggested I ask if they can make it.  Low and behold, the server came back and said one of the bartenders that night has been there a while so he knew exactly what to do!  Lucky me, because it was delicious!  Thanks again to Pat!



I ordered the "Seasonal Salad" which was totally delicious.  It changes up with different ingredients and I was lucky enough to get field greens, strawberries, goat cheese, and a strawberry vinaigrette dressing. 

 


For my entree, I had to go steak!  It was the Grilled Beef Tenderloin, and it was fabulous!  It was served with potato gratin, asparagus (which I adore), and a peppadew vinaigrette.  
I really enjoyed it for my last dinner meal at Walt Disney World.  




For dessert, I had a coffee and a Creme Brulee!  It too was delicious, and the coffee was great!




Thanks for checking out my experience at The Wave!  Join me next week as we look at the last half-day of my trip.  That includes breakfast at Gaston's and lunch at Tony's Town Square!  

See Ya Real Soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment