Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 27, 2021

FOODIE FRIDAY! The Last Day of My Birthday Trip.

😞  Yes, all good things must come to an end.  Fun trips to my Happy Place are always exciting, but that last day is always a real bummer.  I packed up early,  left my resort room, and took my bags down to Bell Services, and boarded a bus to Magic Kingdom for the last time.  

Right when I stepped onto Main Street, numerous characters were making an appearance on the upper area of the train station.  That was fun to see and interact with them for a few minutes.







Gaston showing off!









After that, I headed straight to Fantasyland so I could have breakfast at Gaston's!  I had to have a cinnamon roll on this trip, and I saved it for the last day.

I waited in line for about 15 minutes due to the Covid protocols.  It wasn't all that bad, and I was able to get a seat inside.  I was glad because just as I walked in to place my order, it started to drizzle.  I ordered a coffee and got extra icing with my cinnamon roll!  Yumm Yumm!!!  



After breakfast, I did a few things around the park.  I went on Little Mermaid twice since there was literally no line.  I also went over to Carousel of Progress.  I Saw Stitch and Buzz Lightyear.




After this, it was almost time for lunch so I headed back over to Main Street.  My lunch reservation was at Tony's Town Square.  This was the first experience here for me.  Another place that gets mixed reviews, so I thought I would give it a go and see for myself.

These photos are the view from my table.





I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with my experience.  
I ordered the Caprese Salad and the Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo.  I thought both were really good. 
 They also brought me the bread and dipping oil. 




My server was really sweet and brought me some ice cream for dessert because she knew it was my birthday.


After my lunch, I went into the ladies' room right outside the restaurant area, and I almost had something tragic happen.  I did not realize what had transpired when I was in there.  My Pandora bracelet that is TOTALLY full of Disney charms, fell off my wrist, and I never even felt it drop.  I did not realize this until I was outside and going to get in line for the Photo Pass photographer.  I went to adjust my bracelet, but there was no bracelet to adjust.  I got a lump in my throat, and my heart started beating fast as I went into full-out panic mode. 

 I talked myself into retracing my steps. So, I went back to the desk at the restaurant, and there it was.......in the host's hand!  My bracelet, I screamed quietly!  He said, "Oh my goodness, a lady just brought this to us from the bathroom.  She said it was on the floor."  I literally started to cry and asked if she was still there.  They said, "No, she was just leaving and dropped it by with us."  
To the kind lady, where ever you are.....Thank you, and God Bless you for being so honest!!  My faith in humanity has been restored.

With that, I said, "See Ya Real Soon" to my Happy Place. 
God willing, I can make a trip back in early December.





  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment