Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY! My Selections From the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

Before my trip I talked about all the food booths I wanted to try while I was at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival on my trip in September.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach ahead of time, so I wound up only trying about half of the places I wanted to go.

That being said, I was still able to experience quite a few things that I will discuss below.
I was going to cover a breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe today, but I changed my mind.  My Food & Wine Festival Day occurred first, so I would rather talk about that today.

First off, I tried the Energy Bite from Active Eats.  It was two small squares jam packed with flavor, and energy!  I used this for my "breakfast".  This is what is included in the item: 
  • Active Eats Energy Bar Bites: a mixture of Chocolate, Nuts, Dried Fruit and Dates (V) (KA)

The next item I picked was from the Almond Orchard booth hosted by Blue Diamond Almonds.  The item I chose was the Banana Almond Soft Serve:
  • Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel (KA) (V)
This was super tasty and very refreshing as it was already getting really hot outside!  I was with my friend Stan from Canada and he got one too as it looked so good!

The next item I got was the Moqueca, which is the Brazilian Seafood Stew!  Oh my!  This was very tasty and I am so glad I was able to get it.  I kept seeing photos that were posted on blogs by some friends, and it looked too good to pass up. 
  • Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice.

Next we stopped at Hops & Barley.  I always go to this booth as they have one of my favorites!  The Lobster Roll.  It was totally up to its usual standards, and did not disappoint!  Packed with Lobster meat for sure! 

  • New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll.  I also got a glass of wine to go with!  
  • Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands.
After this I headed to the wine seminar.  While I was in the festival Center, I went to the Simmering Sips Mimosa Bar as I just had to try something there.  I had the  
  • Blood Orange Mimosa with Sparkling Wine and Blood Orange Juice
  • Almond Croissant: Flaky Croissant topped with Toasted Almonds.  
Both were delicious!!!



Next was the  Marinated Chicken in Peanut Sauce from the Taiwan booth.  This was really delicious!  
  • Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables (KA)
After this I hit the booth at China and got something absolutely delicious!  I was almost tempted to get a second one, but I knew I had a dinner coming up at Tokyo Dining (which I talked about last week)
I ordered the Beijing Roasted Duck and Jasmine Beer.
  • Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce  and the 
  • Jasmine Draft Beer.  Both were really good!  
At the end of my day at Epcot, I was not staying for Illuminations, so I started heading out, and I had almost forgotten to stop at the Ireland booth for my "dessert".  I am so glad I was able to get this before the booth closed for the evening!!  This was such an awesome treat!  This is the Guinness-Baileys Shake!  Small, but packed a powerful punch!


Well, there you have it.  My food tour around World Showcase has come to a close.  I lost three pounds on that trip, but I was expecting to gain five!  I guess my stomach could only handle so much food in a day!

See you all next week!  We will cover my breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe then!




No comments:

Post a Comment