Total Pageviews

Friday, October 12, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY! Happily Ever After......AFTER Fireworks Dessert Party!

This was my first experience with a dessert party of any kind at Magic Kingdom.  It was also my first time to experience the Happily Ever After show.  I loved both!!!

Since you have a "preferred" viewing area, it made the entire experience even better.  I was late arriving into the area as the cast member who checked me in earlier said to me and one other person, "be at the viewing area by 8:30."  Well.........I should have been there by 7:30 to get a prime spot because the show actually started at 8pm!  
I snuck in right before everything was getting ready to start, so I was a bit bummed about that, but we all make mistakes, right?  (the worst part was that I was at the Tangled area in line to get my photo taken with the floating lantern when the announcement came over the sound system that the show was starting in 10 minutes!!  This 60 year old woman had to RUN.........and I mean RUN over to the viewing area before it started.  For those of you who know how far that is............I made it in 4 minutes!  (just sayin'! and I already had 22,000 steps on my fitbit for the day!)

Still, I was able to see without anyone holding their kid on their shoulder, or being blocked by some big dude right in front of me.  

I loved the show, and spent most of my time in tears watching it.  I am mega-emotional, and cry watching every Disney movie I have ever seen, so this is not really surprising that I had that kind of reaction.  I could never be a professional singer and try to sing a Disney song, because I would end up blubbering like a baby while I was trying to belt it out!  

The After Fireworks Dessert Party for Happily Ever After was amazing!  I really think I liked it more than I would one BEFORE the show, because we got to linger around all we wanted, eating how much we wanted, and not being rushed to get done and get to the show.  The best part was that there were Extra Magic Hours that night, so I was in no hurry to bolt out of the park.  This made it even more enjoyable.

Here are some of the photos from the different areas of the "dessert buffet". the "Smores on a Stick" area, my table, and the things I picked to taste.  My hostess asked me if I was celebrating anything special, and I said........"well, is turning 60.5 anything special?"  She said "of course it is!" and came back with a Happy Birthday plate with two special chocolate covered strawberries on the plate!











                                                                    YUM!!!








Please join me again next week when we take a look at my dinner at Tokyo Dining and my Eat to the Beat Concert series package!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This made my mouth watery. I was just looking for some nice recipes online. It is my daughter’s birthday next month and I have booked one of the venues in Los Angeles for her birthday party. I really want to make delicious food items for everybody.

    ReplyDelete