Total Pageviews

Friday, March 9, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY! Our Dining Experience at LeCellier........the Good, and the Bad.

Our second night of Signature Dining at Walt Disney World was at Epcot.  I had heard so many great things about LeCellier that we just had to dine here.





I...............was not as impressed as I had hoped.
Maybe if I had enjoyed my meal, I may have thought differently.
 Paul did like his choice, but me, not so much.

We arrived for our reservation right on time at 4:30pm, and were seated in about 5 minutes.  We were put at a tiny table for two that was lined up along the wall, with the next table so close, we might as well have pushed the tables together and had dinner with the other couple.  There was literally no privacy in our conversation and we could hear every word they said without even listening.  That my my first turn off.



Next we ordered our drinks.  I had a glass of wine and Paul had beer.  We made our decisions about our meals.  I love seafood, and I love steak.  I just had that wonderful filet the night before at Morimoto Asia, so I didn't want the over-kill of red meat two nights in a row.  That was my mistake.  I just should have gone with it, and skipped steak for the rest of the trip.

Paul ordered the LeCellier Filet Mignon and I got the Seafood Stew.  He said his filet was delicious.  Although the seafood in my meal was good, and there was quite a bit, the tomato-shellfish broth that it was in had whole black peppercorns in it, and it was very spicy.  Not sure if Remy ran over from the France pavilion and messed with the broth, but it was not good.  Not good at all.



I ate it,didn't complain, but my mouth was on fire for about an hour after we dined.  Fortunately,  I  got the Maple Creme Brulee that they are famous for, and it was delicious!



Paul's dessert was a citrus cheesecake that is not even on the menu right now, so not sure if it was something special.




If I had to give the experience a grade, it would be a B- or a C+.  I know that's not what they want to hear, but if nothing else, I am honest about my experiences.

Join us again next week as we visit what was our other meal at Epcot earlier in the day.  I wanted to get this one out of the way as it was really my only negative dining experience that week.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment