Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mitsukoshi Department Store "Pick Your Oyster"

In the Japan pavilion at Epcot, there is a store called Mitsukoshi Department Store.  Inside this store there are awesome things to see and buy including food and chopsticks!  (We will cover that in another post.)  
Today we are going to talk about the area where you can pick a living oyster out of the tank, and they open it up for you and you get to take home the pearl they find inside.  
                   The one I picked is the upside down one in the front!

This is of course for a fee, and I believe it was $15.00 at the time we were there.  I watched a video earlier from 2013, and it was $12.00, so it has not increased too much.  

It was a very fun thing to do, and I love pearls!!





I also bought a sterling silver holder for my pearl.  I have several chains so I didn't need that.  The casing was about $30.00, and I had a gift card, so it was free for me!!  My Pearl measured 7mm, so I was happy!  Maybe on my next trip I will try again, and find something a little bigger! 




The holder reminds me of a hot air balloon, and sort of reminds me of the "Characters in Flight" balloon at Disney Springs.........even though it's not called "Characters in Flight" anymore.

Next time I will post about the rest of the store, and all the really cool things we bought (that all have to do with food!)


No comments:

Post a Comment