Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY!! Our Fabulous Dinner at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs

Masaharu Morimoto is a Japanese chef, best known as an Iron Chef on the Japanese TV cooking show Iron Chef and its spinoff Iron Chef America. He is also known for his unique style of presenting food.  

He opened Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs a little over two years ago on September 29, 2015. It is a very difficult place to secure a reservation, and after having dinner here, I know why!!


I have to give a spoiler for the rest of my dining trip posts, as this is my very favorite place we had a signature meal during the entire trip!  I would literally have dinner or lunch here on a daily basis!!  


The atmosphere was beautiful.  




 These lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling were amazing!  From the photo below, you can see they were right over our table.

 This orchid plant was one of three in the middle of the dining room round seating areas.  We were in one of those, so this was just left of where Paul was sitting.  They are just lovely.


Below is the front cover of the menu.

Table setting were simple and elegant.  I loved the red chopsticks.
We started the evening with cocktails and a sushi roll. All were delicious.
Our drinks were:  
The Sparkling Belvedere, and Crooked Can Seasonal from Winter Garden, FL


Our sushi was the Eel & Avacado Roll.......delicious!!!



Four our entrees, I chose the Mongolian Filet Mignon, and Paul chose the Grilled & Smoked Kurobuta Pork Chop.  Both entrees were melt-in-your-mouth goodness.  I have never tasted a piece of beef, or a pork chop this tender in all my 60 years on this earth!  



Just looking at this photo, I want this again.

For dessert, we opted for the Dessert for Two listed below.  It was totally phenomenal! 


This is not only delicious, it was beautiful as well!!!

Now, let's talk about staff.  The girls at the entry desk were neat and professional.  The bartenders were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in making a choice.  The servers in the dining area were friendly, prompt, attentive and knowledgeable on details about all the items on the menu.  Our server was John Paul, and I have to say he was absolutely wonderful.  

We talked to the manager on duty, Kim.  She was very friendly.  I wanted to let her know that I was going to be doing this review and coverage for all of our meals while on this vacation.  She was very happy to hear it.  I hope this review really gives you a sound idea about how wonderful this experience was. 
I do look forward to dining here again in the near future. 

 Since we were on the Disney Dining Plan we used two dining credits each for this meal, and believe me, it was well worth it.  What is really nice about the plan for 2018 and forward, you can get alcoholic beverages (one for each person) that is included in your plan.  It really does save quite a bit as you are allowed up to $16.00 per person for that cocktail, or a more expensive non-alcoholic drink.

All in all, it was a great first night of dining on my 60th Birthday Celebration trip!  
Join us again next week when we talk about LeCellier at Epcot.
See you then!


All photos belong to: 
Kris Banas  @disneynut1958

No comments:

Post a Comment