Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Next Installment of My 5 Favorites!

HI gang!
Last week, if you will remember my blog was about My 5 Favorite Resorts on Walt Disney World property.  This week, I was planning on covering My 5 Favorite Attractions.  Well, I will be doing that, sort of.  Since I have such a great love of SO MANY attractions, there is no way that I could pick only 5.  So, what I have decided to do, it pick My Top 5 Favorite attractions from each park.I will be starting with Magic Kingdom, and over the next several weeks, will be covering Hollywood Studios, EPCOT and then Animal Kingdom.  So, join me as I give information of these attractions in the words of Disney Parks, and also my own opinions and also what makes these so special to me as a guest, and from my own heart.  See if you agree with me on any of my choices today, as we cover Magic Kingdom!

First off, I must give honorable mentions to "runners up"-
  **Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover**- This is just a relaxing ride to take a breather on, and fun to boot.  Paging Mr. Tom Morrow.......gotta love it!
  **Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress** - So rich in history, so fun to experience. "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is a song you just can't get out of your head.  This was hard to keep off my list of top 5, but I had to draw the line someplace!
  **Walt Disney World Railroad** - Another "breather" kind of an attraction.  Some people don't consider it an attraction, but I do, and would never miss riding on the trains at least once in a day.

# 5 - JUNGLE CRUISE-
         Travel on the rivers of three different continents.  See exotic animals, zany explorers and ancient ruins as your skipper leads you into the jungle.  Be prepared for surprises along the way; your skipper is sure to regale you with humorous tales of danger.  I just love how the skippers engage and joke around with their passengers.  As many times as I have been on this attraction, I have yet to experience a "bad skipper."  And I think you know what I am getting as when I say "bad."  They all get into "character," as they are cast members after all.  Jungle Cruise brings back some great memories for me from my first trip to "the World," back in 1976 on my senior class trip.  I think most of the group was on the same boat, and I remember the skipper picking on one of the guys from my class, and I remember laughing so hard.



# 4 - SPLASH MOUNTAIN-
        Hop a hollowed-out log to follow Brer Rabbit's mischievous escapades as he tries to flee the clutches of Brer Fox and Brer Bear until you plunge five stories off Chick-a-pin Hill!  "It's the truth.  It's actual.  Everything is satisfactual.  It's a zip a dee doo dah day!"  How can one no love this attraction? It just has that "feel good" feelin' about it.  The music, the scenery, and that awesome drop down five stories at the end into the "briar patch!"  If I could take away the "getting soaked" part, that would be a real win-win!  I remember when my youngest was on Splash Mountain for the first time at age 7.  We were on our way down the big drop, and he yells over to me, "I wanna go again!"  Oh yes, proud Disney crazed Mom was I!!


# 3 - HAUNTED MANSION
       Make yourself at "tomb sweet tomb" in the home of 999 happy haunts, where there's "always room for one more."  Inside hop on a Doom Buggy to get in the "spirit" of things.  Experience the stretching room, the seance and hitchhiking ghosts in this true Disney classic.  How could this not be on my Top 5 list?  I know many of you would put this at #1, but I have my reasons for my top spot.
Haunted Mansion is classic indeed.  I think one of my favorite things to do is look for something new each time I ride, and of course always seem to find many things I did not notice last time.  There is just so much to see!  I love the part when the ghost hitch hikes a ride with you!  This attraction brings back fond memories of my kids as well.






# 2 - IT'S A SMALL WORLD
        This 10 minute boat ride through the happiest, busiest and most diversely populated "doll house" on the planet.  Wonderfully elaborate, and a very "feel good" attraction.  Of course you leave singing "It's a Small World" over, and over in your head!  BUT THAT'S OK!!!  You are not alone!!


# 1 - PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
         I bet those of you who know me well, knew this was going to be my #1 pick!"Yo ho, yo ho!   A pirate's life for me!"  As you take this wild ride through caverns and fierce sea battles you join the rowdiest rouges and rapscallions that ever sacked the Spanish Main.  It's a boat ride through classic Disney swashbuckling adventures.  And now, with the addition of Captain Jack Sparrow, it's even more fun.  Discover Capt'n Jack and his arch rival Barbossa as they interact with some of your favorite Audio-Animatronic swabs and they are adding a twist to the already fun adventure, and even more special effects.
This ride is the most special of all to me, as it was the first ride I took my kids on when they were really old enough to appreciate what they were seeing and experiencing.  It pretty much became "our ride" from that point on.  That is how they referred to it for years.  When the Pirates of the Caribbean movies came out, were were there for opening night for each of them.  Pirates really brings back so many great memories.  On my last trip with my new husband, it was the first attraction we headed to the first night we arrived.  Extra magic hours were going on, and it was raining....but there we were repeating.......twice that night, and again 2 days later when we went back to Magic Kingdom.  Saavy?

No comments:

Post a Comment