Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My 5 Favorites Part 2 (Attractions)

Good afternoon my friends!  Since tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I will be busy so I am doing the weekly "My 5 Favorites" today.  Hope this does not throw you off and make you think it's Sunday!  It isn't!
So, last week we covered my five favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom.  Today we are going to dive into my favorites at Hollywood Studios.  As it was difficult to narrow down to five attractions at Magic Kingdom, I found it equally as taxing to pick only five at Hollywood Studios as well.  Now, I know some of you are going to say, "What?  How could she pick that one, and not pick Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, or Tower of Terror?"  Well, being the honest person I am, I will just spell it out.  I am afraid to go on both of those attractions, so that is why they are not on my list here.  Simple as that.  I don't really think there is any convincing from anyone, that will ever get me on them.  Now with Tower of Terror, I know that I can go through the queue area and then chicken out.  After all I have heard about this attraction, I am going to do this on my next trip in October.
So, without further adieu,  let us begin with "My 5 Favorites" for Disney's Hollywood Studios!

#5 - INDIANA JONES STUNT SPECTACULAR
I pick this because I really enjoy this show.  Even though I have seen it so many times, I still enjoy watching.  As Disney puts it, "Thrill to the pulse-pounding explosions, crashes, clashes and death defying stunts if Indiana Jones' onscreen adventure.  Sit behind the director's chair to participate in this stage spectacular that reveals some of the movie making magic responsible for Indy's triumphs over deadly traps, bad-guy battles and epic-scale obstacles.  You may even be chosen to be an "extra."  That about covers it all.  This attractions really makes me think about my boys when I visit it.  They were so into Indiana Jones when they were young, and they were just thrilled with seeing this show.





#4 - MUPPET*VISION 3-D
This one I have chosen for 3 solid reasons.  First off, who does not like the Muppets!?!  Really.....come on....They were fun back in the 70's when I watched them.  They started in 1976, the year I graduated from high school.  Even though I was 18, my Dad and I loved to watch the Muppets.  As I am half Swedish, (my Dads side) we loved the Swedish Chef.  When that segment came on, everyone had to stop what they were doing, and watch.  So no  talking, only laughter was allowed.  The Swedish Chef actually sounded a lot like my Grandpa Olson!  It was a special bond that my Dad and I shared.  Muppet*Vision 3D is so fun and wacky.  "You will find yourself in the center of a cinematic spectacular of song, dance, surprise appearances, Audio-Animatronic characters and non stop shenanigans that literally bring the house down around you," according to Disney!






#3 - STAR TOURS-THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE
Now, I have not seen the new updated version of this attraction, as it was done after our last trip in February of 2010.  I am very much looking forward to finding out how the new version is in comparison to the old Star Tours.  That attraction brings back find memories of my kids as well.  The first trip I took my boys on, was when the youngest was not even 2.  So, that was 1994.  Had to do the baby-pass with my ex so I could ride with my older son.  He closed his eyes through 1/2 the ride!   Next trip, the youngest was old enough, and loved it, and begged to go again....my little trooper!  The older one......was still closing his eyes!  Absolutely hysterical thing to see!  As Disney states, "The power of the Force and the magic of Disney will combine once again to create an unforgettable new Star Wars adventure: Star Tours-The Adventures Continue-now in 3D.  While visiting that "galaxy far, far away," experience a new story, plus a chance to fly with some favorite characters  like  C-3PO, R2-D2, Princess Leia and even Darth Vader!  You'll never know which of the classic characters will appear during the flight to the furthest reaches of the universe.  Plus, travel the galaxy like never before in the all-new Starspeeder 1000! "



#2 - BEAUTY AND THE BEAST LIVE ON STAGE
Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time.  The music alone, takes my breath away.  I could watch it every day and never get tired of it.  That is why I loved this stage presentation at Hollywood Studios.  My only complaint, is that it's not long enough!  The cast is awesome, the costuming is beautiful and the music........oh!  that music!  Top notch in my book.  The 30 minute show is rich with music and costuming, choreography, and uplifting entertainment.  I wept like a child when I saw this.



#1 - TOY STORY MANIA
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!  So much fun!!   Last trip was my first time in this attraction, so I guess because I was on my honeymoon, and this was the first time for both of us in this attraction, and we had a total blast!! (and we are in our 50's)  The queue area is so fun, and is just a build up of what you find when you actually enter the "game" itself!  I am not a highly competitive person, but you can't help but want to shoot at the targets like crazy to build up your score.  We went into this attraction the first time when it was pouring outside.  There was a 50 minute wait time...but we though.....who cares!  It's pouring out!  We got to experience  the queue at a nice easy pace because the line was moving so slow.  We actually had time to dry off (because we were soaked!), and were totally dry by the time we left, and the sun was coming out!  So, this midway-style game hosted by Woody, Buzz, Rex and Hamm, made it even more fun.  The spring action shooters were a blast to shoot the virtual darts.  Certain targets even triggered  fun surprises!  When we went out of the attraction the first time, we grabbed a fast-pass to go again a few hours later!  It was just as fun the second time around, and we cannot wait to experience TOY STORY MANIA again!







I hope you have enjoyed reading about my choices at Hollywood Studios!  Next week, join us as we cover "My 5 Favorites" from EPCOT!!  See you then!

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE to do the new Star Tours!! I can't wait! Kris do you know that the last time I saw even a teensy bit of Beauty and the Beast show was in the early 90's, and it was in an outdoor ampitheatre..and my daughter and niece were too tired to wait in line..so we watched what we could see from the walkway? And I've NEVER been to the Toy Story thingy....and I LOVE the Indiana Jones show (my daughter was an audience member chosen to participate one year)....and I ADORE the Muppet show! Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! Since we are planning on getting together at HS when Paul and I are there, we will be seeing Beauty and the Beast together Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete