Total Pageviews

Friday, May 15, 2020

FOODIE FRIDAY! Day Three Dining Plans for September!

Hello everyone, and welcome to another FOODIE FRIDAY!

Big dining plans are on the menu (get it?) for the third day of my trip, which is September 3rd ( as it stands right now that is)......

I am starting out the day at a character breakfast at the new Riviera Resort.  Topolino's Terrace is the name, and great interactions and food is the game.  Now, that being said.....with how things will be when the parks open back up, will this be the same kind of character interactions at these character meals that I had the last time I was there?  I don't think so.  I believe they will be there, and come to your table, but I don't think you (or your kids) will be able to get up, get hugs, pose, etc.  Disappointing as this is, I am still looking forward to this one.  Besides characters, this is NOT a buffet, so nothing has to change here going forward.
I have heard so many great things about this location, so I just have to try it.

Minnie Mouse in a dress and matching hat at a restaurant

Waffles topped with cream served on a plate with fruit, bacon and syrup

A Disney chef puts the finishing touches on dishes
Photo Credit for 3 photos above: My Disney experience 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/riviera-resort/topolinos-terrace/menus/

Next, I am heading over for a day at Animal Kingdom, and will be spending the rest of my day there.
I am hoping for Fast Passes for Flight of Passage, and Expedition Everest and a later FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris before a dinner plan I have.
I will be having lunch at Tiffin's as I ADORE this place, and really enjoy the food!!
 My favorite server (who is hopefully still there after CM's go back to work!) Mikey changed his days off (we were told in March) so I am hoping since this is a Thursday he will be working.  He takes such good care of this gal who will be dining alone again.
I love the food and the atmosphere here so much, I just have to go on every trip now!

Fried fish paired with rice, sauce and slaw

A maze cake paired with peas, lettuce, corn, carrots, peppers, cream and tomato sauce

Chocolate ganache paired with bananas, cream and wafers
Photo Credit for 3 photos above: My Disney experience 
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/tiffins/menus/



Photo Credit for  above: My Disney experience 

For dinner I am trying something a little different.  Did you know that Restaurantosaurus has reservations available at dinner time?  Yup, they do!  I am going to try out the experience, so I will be doing a blog post about this after that trip to let you know how it is.  the experience is called Restaurantosaurus Dig Site Sundaes and Gourmet Burgers.  We shall see how this is.  I did speak to a friend who did this, and they were very complimentary.
This dining location is so fun to just explore!  There are so many things to look at inside!



Photo credit:  Two photos above, DisneyTouristBlog

 The atmosphere is like being on a dino-dig so to speak, and those who are are it with you have left little notes, and tidbits of information all over the restaurant.  If you have not been here, go check it out.  The food is very good!!

A cheeseburger with barbeque pulled pork and two large onion rings

A tray holding a cheeseburger, French fries and an ice cream sundae topped with chocolate sauce
Photo Credit for  above 2 photos: My Disney experience 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/restaurantosaurus-burgers-and-sundaes/menus/

Well...........as I should probably walk back to my resort after this (just kidding, that would not happen!) that's it for the day!!
Hope you see you here again next week for another edition of FOODIE FRIDAY!
See Ya Real Soon!!










No comments:

Post a Comment