Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2020

FOODIE FRIDAY! Our Day at Animal Kingdom and a Dinner at Cape May Cafe!

Well.....stuck in "Stay at Home, I am really losing track of days here.  How about you guys?  When I was working and off every other weekend, Friday's were always very exciting.  Now?  One day is just like the next.  Kinda like how it feels to be retired...just so you know.  This is way worse though.........at least being retired I could still go out and do things.  
Enough of depressing stuff.  

Today, we are looking at our food adventures at Animal Kingdom, and our first experience for the seafood buffet at Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club resort.

We started out our day not on the rushing side.  Our first Fast Pass of the day was not until 11:45am.  We went to Animal Kingdom on the bus from our resort, and got there for a "late" breakfast which consisted of an Elephant Ear and OJ from Kusafiri Coffee Shop in Africa.  The words Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery painted on a wall
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience

Food Pictures of Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery in Disney World ...
Photo Credit: AllEars.Net

I don't know why I always forget to take pictures of our snack-type food unless I have made the decision to feature it, but you have some photos above to show you where it came from, and what the elephant ears look like.  They are totally delish!!!

We then had our Fast Passes for Flight of Passage, and Expedition Everest come up.  We went and did those, and did some walking and shopping.  

Our lunch reservation was at Tiffins (one of my favorite places for the food, and for the atmosphere. 




 If you have never dined here, you owe it to yourself to have the experience.  As I stated in my coverage of this location from my trip back in November, my favorite server here is Mikey, but unfortunately, he changed his day off so I missed him on this trip.  

Both Paul and I ordered the Tiffins Salad because it is just TOTALLY delicious, and with my recommendation Paul said he had to try it!!  He was very glad he did! 
Tiffins Salad
Avocado, Tomato, Roasted Sweet Corn, Queso Fresco, Buttermilk Dressing
$12.00

This wall display was right above/behind me at our table.

Paul ordered the Braised Lamb Shank, which he said was delicious!  I loved the presentation as well!

Braised Lamb Shank

Couscous, Piquillo Peppers, Eggplant Kottu, Baharat, Pan-roasted Vegetables
 
$44.00
 




My Yummy YUMMY Butter Chicken!!  Honestly, what is not to love about this plate??  

Butter Chicken

Chickpea-Rice Croquette, English Peas, Cauliflower, Pickled Onion
 
$38.00


And finishing off with a little special Birthday treat from our server, Kathy!

After we left Animal Kingdom, we headed back to our resort for a bit of a rest before we headed over to Beach Club.  Our dinner reservation was not until 8pm, so we had lots of time.  We actually came back to the dreaded Tragical Express tag hanging on our door telling us what time we would get picked up the next day to head to the airport.  That is such a sinking feeling, isn't it?  It felt as if this trip had barely begun, and it was already almost over.   
Below is a photo of the inside of Cape May and the Seafood Buffet.  I wonder what is going to happen with the many buffets around WDW property after it reopens.  There are many, but I have a feeling the format of these locations are going to be greatly adjusted.  We shall see.
Table set for 4 in a dining area and, in the background, a buffet area
Photo Credit: My Disney experience

Seafood Buffet Offerings (Adult 55.00 / Child Ages 3-9 33.00)

Soups and Salads

 
 

Selection of Cheeses

 
 

Baked Breads and Accompaniments

 
 

Seasonal Vegetables

 
 

House-baked Breads and Accompaniments

 
 

Pasta

 
 

Carving Station

 
 

Selection of Seafood

Featuring Snow Crab Legs
 
 

Classic Favorites for Children

 
 

Assortment of Desserts

Plate of crab legs, clams, muscles, corn on the cob and potatoes, next to other plates of food
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience

Above are just some of the items on the seafood and dessert buffets.

I took a few photos of the appitizer type things I got from the buffet, and my beverage,  (This was a non-alcholic drink with berries that was very tasty!) desserts we picked to end our meal, and the special cupcake they gave me for my birthday.  It was beautiful, but unfortunately left a lot to be desired in the taste and freshness category.  That I could have done without.  It was pretty though!






That's it for today!  Stop by again next week as we look at our last day of my birthday trip to Walt Disney World, and our weekend brunch experience at Art Smith's Homecomin' !! 
 See Ya Real Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment