Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2020

FOODIE FRIDAY! Day Five We Are at Hollywood Studios!

Hello everyone!  I hope this finds you all well, safe, and staying at home if you can!
People who may read this years from now may think, what is the person talking about?  Finding inspiration in the middle of a global pandemic may not be the easiest thing in the world to do, but we must look to better times to come, and look forward to getting back to our Happy Place!

Today here on FOODIE FRIDAY we take a look back at our day at Hollywood Studios on March 5, 2020.

Paul and I started our day out EXTREMELY EARLY getting over there via Lyft (didn't want to mess with buses!) to be able to get in line for scanning into the park at 7am.  We were about 75 people back which was pretty good.  We arrived around 6:20am and after we got there, looking back from our spot in line there were 100's of people behind us.
Of course, this was all to get our boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance.  This was our only day at Hollywood Studios for that trip, and Paul's only chance to ride for years.    When we got into the park, we went over near the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, and waiting for the 8am alarm to get our boarding group assignment on the My Disney Experience app.  The few minutes before 8am I felt my blood pressure going up, and I was so scared of it not working out, but I had to be optimistic at the same time.
Both Paul and I have the app on our phone so we both tried.  I was on my Data, and Paul was on the park wi-fi.  8am.............here we go!  My phone..........I hit "join Boarding Group.........nothing.  Spinning.  UUGH!  Paul, he gets in right away and we come up with group 88.  I felt like the wind got knocked out of me.  I was sad.  It stated right on the app that anything after group 63 would be considered "back-up" and you are not guaranteed to get on the attraction. We tried to keep positive thoughts going,   and headed over to Galaxy's Edge for breakfast and spend time over in that land.  We actually stopped and talked to one of the CM's over at Rise of the Resistance and asked her what she thought.  She said, can't guarantee anything, but if things go as they had the previous day, you should be on between 1-3pm that day.  That's the trick of it.  If the attraction does not go down at all, we would get on.  When it does go down, it takes a full 1/2 hour to reset so they can start boarding again. which puts all groups on delay.
We thanked her and sent on our way.  We headed into the land and Paul was totally amazed as it was his first time there.
We went to Ronto Roasters to grab a Breakfast Ronto Wrap, and he really liked it.  I had already had one on my trip in August when I went for the Passholder Preview.

                       
 These are very good!!  They come out nice and hot!


After spending time in Galaxy's Edge, we headed out to our Fast Passes which was STAR TOURS and also went to Muppet Vision 3D since it was only a 5 minute wait as we timed it perfect!

We went over to Star Wars Launch Bay and had a Meet and Greet with Darth Vader and BB-8!


After that, we went over to BaseLine Tap House as it was lunch time, and we were not super hungry from our breakfast earlier, but just wanted a snack and a beer!  We had the Bavarian Pretzel and it was really good.  We also had the GoldenRoad Hefeweizen.  It was really good as well.  Very refreshing on what was turning out to be a record setting day temperature wise for March the 5th.  It wound up being 92 that day!  


We also got a chance to do a Meet & Greet with Sorcerer Mickey and a very fancy Minnie Mouse!  This was a first for both for us!!





We then met up with our friend Cathy who drove over from the west coast of Florida to hang out and celebrate my birthday with me.  We met over by the Millennium Falcon and since we had a Fast Pass we talked to the CM there and they let Cathy board with us!  How nice!!!







After this we were really watching the boarding group numbers and they were really moving right along.  It was not long until our number was ready for boarding!  We were so excited!!!   We really lucked out!  There were no down times for the attraction at all before our boarding group was called!  About an hour after we rode, there was a down time, so lady luck was on our side that day!

Holy Cow!!  What an experience Rise of the Resistance was!!!  It was like nothing I have even been on before!!  I can't wait to go again on my trip in September!!

(No Spoiler pics from me!!)


After this we had checked over at getting in line for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, but it was down, so the CM said to come back over in an hour or two.  We had a reservation at Oga's Cantina for drinks, so we went there and hung out for a while.  

 Paul had beer, and I had the Jet Juice........wow.......was that strong!  Good thing I had eaten that pretzel earlier!  That didn't stop me..........since he got a second beer, I had the drink below too...........The Bespin Fizz!  YUMMY!


We then headed out to try for the Runaway Railway again.  Line was moving, so we opted to get into it.  We had lots of time to kill before our dinner reservation.  It said there was a 95 minute wait, so we waited.  I actually think it was closer to 70 minutes, so that was good.  
Another fabulous new attraction, and it was so exciting that we got to go on the day following it's grand opening!!  Even though I will miss The Great Movie Ride, this is a very appropriate replacement, and it's about time Mickey and Minnie got their own attraction.  Do I wish it was the "old" animation of those two, and all the characters in the attraction?  YES!  But I will take Mickey any way I can get him!





This photo was taken after experiencing the attraction!  It was dark when we came out!

 We also went on Tower if Terror since we had quite a bit of time to kill before our dinner reservation!!


Our last experience of the day was my birthday dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. It was actually almost at park closing time, so there was hardly anyone in there, which was really nice!!  
I had the chicken!  (It's the best, trust me!)

And, since it was my birthday, I had pre-ordered the cake below.  Paul and I ate it in our room for the next 2 days to finish it up!  It was really good.  I wanted the white chocolate as it's not as rich as the other one.


Well, there you have it!!  The entire experience from Day #5.  Lots of fun, lots of good food, and my friend spent the day with us as well!  
Join us again next week as we talk about out experiences at Disney's Animal Kingdom and our dining experience at Cape May!
See Ya Real Soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment