Total Pageviews

Monday, June 9, 2014

The BIG Reveal! We are going on another Disney Cruise!






As I just posted, today is Paul's 60th birthday.  We had many things to celebrate over the last month.
May 10, was his three year anniversary of being cancer free, May 16 was our fifth wedding anniversary, and today his his 60th birthday.
Three BIG events like that deserve a really BIG gift, right?  Well, in my humble opinion they do!

The big reveal of that very BIG gift was yesterday at his big birthday bash.  We had somewhere between 40 and 50 people here, and I believe everyone had a really good time.  Food was good, lots of beer, wine, pop, and a beautiful cake made by my next door neighbor. 


Our front yard decorated!
 Paul with his older brother, Dave.
 Family party guests!
 Our chef, Dave!
 Me and my son, Tim!



 The look on the face..........priceless!  "What the heck have you done?"

 The awesome cake!




So, now for the big secret this girl has been keeping for almost a year.  I want Paul to know just how much he means to me.  Yes, words will cover it, but this year above all he needs words and special things.   So, as always, his big issue is "where is the money coming from to pay for this?"  Well, SURPRISE!  It's already all paid for!  I have been saving up the money for this since July of 2013!  He just kind of looked at me, in total amazement.  Yup, that's just the kind of gal I am! 

Last July, (the weekend after the 4th) we had a garage sale.  We did so-so on it, but didn't really make the money I had hoped for.  I think because many people were out of town for the holiday.  Anyway, my proceeds from the sale were intended for a down payment on something special.  I was still able to come up with the money that I needed, and booked a very special trip for the two of us for this coming October 31!

We are going on our second Disney cruise!  Like I said, I have been keeping the secret for close to a year, with only telling a few of my close friends and family about it, as I needed an outlet so I would not bust!  I was also doing a countdown on my Walt Disney Maniacs page as a way to share this, so I didn't spoil the surprise for Paul.  He is not a Facebook person, so it was all good.

We will be sailing aboard the Disney Wonder!  A much smaller ship than our first experience with Disney Cruise Line, but from what I have read, and seen in pictures, besides talking to others who have sailed on her, we will not be disappointed.


The trip will actually start on October 30, as we fly out of Chicago Midway on Delta Airlines.  That is another great thing!  Airfare to Miami is TERRIBLE!  I searched and searched for good deals, but was really having a hard time.  Our usual airline of choice is Southwest, however they do not fly to Miami (but should!) so I checked on flying into Ft. Lauderdale (as it's only 28 miles away) but the charges for getting to Miami and back, and the (not so reasonable) charges for flights that I was finding were not much less than going directly to Miami.  I got an e-mail one morning from Expedia, who I use quite often.  A flight was added to the schedule for the day we wanted.  Also flying out of Midway (instead of O'Hare) so that was a plus.  When I saw the times and price I had to jump on it right away.  That too is all paid for.

We will be staying in Miami the night before the cruise at the Conrad Miami.  It's a beautiful place, and it's one of the three hotels that Disney Cruise Line will pick up guests and take them to the cruise port.
I booked this on booking.com and got a really wonderful rate.






Below is cruise itinerary.

5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary B

October 31 to November 5
Disney Wonder

Day Port Ashore Onboard
1 Miami, Florida 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea
3 Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands* 7:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
4 Cozumel, Mexico 9:45 a.m. 5:45 p.m.
4 At Sea
6 Miami, Florida 7:30 a.m.



I have been to both Grand Cayman and Cozumel before, and loved them.  I am so looking forward to going again, and experiencing them with Paul!

We will update you on the shore excursions that we choose as we work on them over the next few weeks!  I finally get to share all this information with Paul!  It makes it so much more fun and exciting now!




































No comments:

Post a Comment