Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Top 5 Favorite Resorts!

Well gang, here we are!  Starting our brand new feature called "My Top 5 Favorites".  The are going to cover resorts, table service restaurants, quick service locations, attractions, and more!  This feature will be updates every Sunday.  So, be on the lookout next Sunday for a new addition.

We begin. 

My #5 pick for resorts, is a location I have never even stayed at, but is definitely on my "bucket list".  ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE.
I will be touring the resort when I am at WDW in October.  I want to be able to give my clients first hand, knowledgeable information.  This resort is so appealing to me.  I am so impressed with what I have read, and seen about the ambiance of ANIMAL KINGDOM that I just had to include it on my list.  Everyone I have talked to raves about the place.  The decor, the staff, the service, THE ANIMALS!  Disney has done this one up right, and who would ever doubt that.







#4 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE/ FRENCH QUARTER
This is another resort that I have not stayed at yet, but we will be staying there on our next trip in October.  The reason I chose it for the #4 spot, is the theme of this resort, in particular the Magnolia Bend area.  My favorite movie of all time, is Gone With the Wind.  These stately buildings remind me of the mansion of Ashley Wilks in the movie.  I have a love of history, especially for the Civil War era, and this is right up my alley.  I have a tie with PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER which I have stayed at and loved.  This resort actually brings back very fond memories for me, as it was the first resort I stayed at when my two sons (now 22 and 19) made their first trip back in 1994.  the older of the boys had a blast, and I remember one late afternoon coming back from one of the parks (and which one escapes this old brain...that was long ago!) the "mousekeeper" had made a "pool" on the bed with a blue plastic garbage bag for the water, towels twisted around to make the edge of the "pool", and all the stuffed animals we had been buying for the boys on the trip in the middle of the pool.  It was so very cute!





#3 - THE CONTEMPORARY RESORT
I place this grand resort at #3, simply for the fact that I think it ranks so high on the awesome scale.  I mean, come on....the resort has a monorail running right through the middle of it!   That alone gives it the "cool award" of the century! It contains such eateries at Chef Mickey's and California Grill.  What great views it has of Magic Kingdom park, and seeing the fireworks over Cinderella Castle, is one of those "aaahhhh moments".  One trip I was on back in 2001, we stayed there and even though it was spring break time we got upgraded to a MK view, and got to sit and watch the fireworks from our room.  It was breathtaking. 


#2 - THE POLYNESIAN
My heart is still there, even after over 2 years since my last trip.  My hubby and I spent our belated honeymoon there (we got married 5/16/2009-and didn't get to "honeymoon until February of 2010).  Beyond breathtaking still after all it's years in existence.   Seriously, since 1971??  Come on now, how many places outside of Disney could lay the claim that their structure and interiors are still as beautiful after all those years?  Not many I bet, not even after refurbishments.  The Polynesian is just a romantic place to spend your visit to "the World".  It will always hold a very special place in my heart.  I guess mainly because I was there with the most wonderful man I have ever known, and it was the last big thing we did before he got so ill.  Glad to report though, that he is doing great, and we will be returning to the Poly for a little visit while we are at WDW in the fall.  Have to go take a stroll around the grounds to reminisce.





#1- WILDERNESS LODGE

This ranking alone, coming from a woman who is NOT an "out-doorsy" kinda gal at all......is big.  I know, it is reminiscent of the grand lodges of the great northwest, which I more than likely will never go to.  But, the beauty and splendor of this resort is something that cannot be ignored.  The structure is so grand, and the lobby is just magnificent.  The "tee-pee" chandeliers, the massive totem poles, babbling brooks, the fabulous pool, the gorgeous fireplace, the "homey" atmosphere.  It all makes me put this resort at #1.  It also, like the Polynesian holds a very special place in my heart.  Again, I think back to a trip with my young sons.  My youngest, loved to watch Fire Rock Geyser erupt.  He called it the "geezer".  Makes me smile each and every time I remember that story.  The only reason we are not staying here on our next trip, is budget.  Since we are going on a cruise aboard the DREAM right after this visit, we had to cut back a bit, and go moderate this time. 


Well, there you have it.  My Top 5 Favorite Resorts at Walt Disney World.  Let me hear if you agree with any of my choices. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your input on these resorts. Good reviews, and I enjoyed that you shared special memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed it greatly!! Glad you liked reading my reviews/choices.

      Delete