Total Pageviews

Friday, September 14, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY! #7, #8, #9 & #10 FOOD BOOTHS I WANT TO TRY!

Hey there!  Here we are again at FOODIE FRIDAY!  Is it me, or has the last week gone really quickly?  That's good, and bad.  I've been extremely busy with family stuff.  My Mom has not been well, and has been in the hospital for over a week.  She's out now, and in rehab, but she's 95 and with major issues, so she will only come so far with gaining her strength back.
Anyway, it's not good too...........because my trip will be here before I know it and with everything going on with her, work, and trying to finish our house (we've been doing new siding all summer, ourselves!)  To say it's been an extremely busy summer is putting it mildly! And......then there is the fact that the sooner the trip gets here, the sooner it's over as well.  That's the sad part.

So, here we go with the next four food booths that I want to try.

 #7 is China.  They have duck!!  That's all I needed to see to know I had to go here!  The Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Housin Sauce is totally speaking to me!

China

Introduce your palate to a diverse variety of popular plates and potables from one of the world’s greatest cuisines!
Related image
Photo Credit: eatingwdw.com
Food:
  • Xi’an Pancake with Beef
  • Chicken Dumplings with Chinese Slaw (KA)
  • Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce
  • Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
Beverages:
  • Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk (Non-alcoholic)
  • Jasmine Draft Beer
  • Happy Peach: Peach Liqueur and Dark Rum
  • Kung Fu Punch: Vodka and Triple Sec
  • Byejoe Punch: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit, Lychee, Coconut and Pineapple Juice
  • Honeydew Bai Jiu Cocktail: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit and Honeydew Syrup


#8 is The Chocolate Studio.  One thing I like even better than duck, is CHOCOLATE!!  This also has my name written all over it!  I know........not exactly diet food, BUT HEY!, I'm on vacation, and I will be putting in so many steps on this trip that I will be power walking all of it off anyway!  The Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte is calling out to me all the way up north!
A chocolate torte topped with cream, a raspberry and white chocolate
Photo credit: My Disney Experience website

The Chocolate Studio

Sate confectionery cravings with a trip to our one-stop chocolate shop for delectably dark and milky sweet treats!
Food:
  • Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel (GF) (KA)
  • Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte with Whipped Cream (V)
Beverages:
  • Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea and Chocolate Shake (Non-alcoholic) (KA)
  • Banfi Rosa Regale Sparkling Red, Piedmont
  • Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Croft 10 Year Tawny
  • Twinings® Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka



#9 is Costal Eats.  I saw scallops and said to myself.........I gotta try it!  I love, love, LOVE scallops and order them whenever I can.  Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili Chipotle Butter Sauce........how can anyone turn this down???
Scallops paired with herbs, corn, bell peppers and sauce
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience website

Coastal Eats

Savor the ocean’s finest flavors along with wines grown near the Pacific coastline—you can almost feel the sea breeze!
Food:
  • Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-lemongrass Cream
  • Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
  • Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce
Beverages:
  • A to Z Wineworks Pinot Gris, Oregon
  • ROCO Gravel Road Pinot Noir, Oregon
#10 is Hops and Barley.  

They have the New England Lobster Roll.........  DO I need to explain this?  
This is totally delish!!  I've had it before, so you COULD say......"Kris, You really don't need to have it again because you have already tried it!" WRONG!  I am going to try it again so I can really give you all a great review of this dish.  (Sounds legit, right?)  I think a nice Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay would go great with that.....right??

New England Lobster Roll
Photo Credit: DisneyFoodBlog.com

Hops & Barley

Stay stateside for all-American craft beer, wines and the hottest tastes from coast-to-coast!
Food:
  • New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
  • New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
  • Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA (Flight)
  • 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL (Flight)
  • Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD (Flight)
  • Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
  • Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
  • Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Beer Flight

Next Friday is only 3 days before I leave, so I will cover what ever is left.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment