Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2018

FOODIE FRIDAY! Our Wonderful Experience at TIFFINS !

One of our days at Animal Kingdom consisted of Flight of Passage and the WOW from that, and Tiffins for dinner with the Rivers of Light dining package.  I was a little iffy about the menu........for unwarranted reason!  This place is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a reservation at 4:30pm and were seated fairly quickly........however the table they put us at was near the front window, and normally I would have said nothing, but the sun was coming in there and would have been shining right in Paul's eyes for more than half of or dining time.  That was totally not acceptable with the amount of money we were spending on this dinner.

We requested another table, so we had to wait about five minutes so it was no big deal.  We were in the same area, but more in the center of the room.  They did seat someone else at the table we left, and they didn't complain, but we paid attention to how long they were dodging the light, and it was a while, so I am glad to moved.



Now, to get to the dinner.  First off, our server was great!!  She was very attentive and was very helpful with making our choices.  I knew what I was going to order before we even sat down, but Paul was not as sure.

I ordered the Apple Walnut Salad and Paul chose the Artisan Cheeses for our starters.  They were both delicious.  I totally loved my salad and he really enjoyed his choice as well.



For our entrees, I had the Pan Seared Duck Breast!  This was absolutely amazing!  Paul had Grilled swordfish with forbidden rice, tsukemono, trumpet royals, and carrot coconut purée.





I had a glass of red wine with my dinner.......I chose the Pinotage Painted Wolf The Den from South Africa,  It was very good.
Paul had beer or course.........He chose the First Magnitude 72 Pale Ale, and he enjoyed that as well.


This artwork was in the corner of the room we dined in.  There was such awesome artwork all over, I was trying to look at everything while we were in there, but the food kept grabbing my attention.




We passed on dessert, as we had Kilimanjaro Safaris to get to, and I didn't want to eat too much and get bounced around in the truck!

All in all, this was a wonderful dining experience, and I for sure would eat there again!

The dinner menu is posted below.


Tiffins

Dinner Menu

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Discovery Island
Signature Dining
Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.

Join us again next week for another stop of FOODIE FRIDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment