Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Going solo at Walt Disney World! Yes....it is fun! (Day 4)

As I began my 4th day at Walt Disney World for this solo trip, it started early once again. Rain, once again.  There were Extra Magic Hours for Hollywood Studios, and perfect timing for that, it was "STAR WARS DAY, Let the 4th Be With You."


Since I was not going to be on my trip during STAR WARS WEEKENDS, (which are going on right now) this was the next best thing.  Since I was there early, I really had not intended to pick up any merchandise not really thinking what it would be all about, but then I said, "Hey, since I am here early!", I went for it. 

I waited in line for about 45 minutes, and by the time I was done the line was over 2 hours long!  YIKES!!
 But, I did come away with a shirt and 2 pins!!

The first thing I did though was grab a FastPass for STAR TOURS.......when I went to use it, the attraction was down.  What a day for that to happen.  So, the Cast Members told us that the FastPass would be honored any time that day when it came back up, and you wanted to ride.  At that point I was able to go get a pass for Toy Story Midway Mania which was for later that afternoon.  And that was fine, as I was going to be busy the rest of the morning and early afternoon. 

I met up with my friend Brent Dodge, author of From Screen to Theme and podcaster.  We then found the other pal we were looking for, Amy Petermann author of The Relocated Tourist, and her daughter.







 We had some PhotoPass pictures taken, and headed over to STAR TOURS.  Still down!  What the heck........and what a day for this to happen!! 
A lot of people were getting ticked off, but we headed over to the character greeting area for Chewie.....line was VERY long. We then made our way over to the greeting area for Mickey Luke and Minnie Leia. Mickey and Minnie walked right past us as they were making their exit.


 They went in for their "break" so we got Goody-Vader and Storm Trooper Donald, which was fine with us!



The characters were not doing autographs, so they gave these cards out instead, which were pretty cool!



Got some great pictures there, and went back to the attraction.  Still down.  Amy was waiting for her daughter and so Brent and I went to Muppet Vision 3-D.  I have always loved this attraction. 
There were STAR WARS characters all over the place!  A moving moment for us STAR WARS fans for sure!!!




When we came out, STAR TOURS was back up and running.  Amy chose to wait for her daughter to come out as she had a FastPass as well.  Brent and I headed in, and got the surprise of a life time!  Two Jawas were going to be in our "ship"!  They interacted to great with all of us, and they were also interacting with what was going on with the ride, and it was so much fun!!!









 Brent was in heaven! 








After we were done there, we all parted ways for the day.  I went over to The Great Movie Ride which I love.


















 I also called in to see about getting a reservation for a place to have dinner for Table Service as I had an extra one that I did not want to lose, since I could not attend the 1900 Park Fare dinner a couple nights before.  I got a reservation at Hollywood & Vine for 3:45. As I had not eaten all day I was starving! I finished my dinner, and it was perfect timing to head over to the PIXAR area for my FastPass for Toy Story Midway Mania. 



I did ok on my score, but not as good as my last visit in October.  After I got done there, I went to The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow.  It was ok, but didn't thrill me.



I did a little shopping and went and found Amy's other daughter who works at Hollywood Studios.  I went in and surprised her.  It was so nice to finally meet her as well as her younger sister.

I was going to try to stick around for the later evening festivities, but my feet, were totally killing me........so, I headed back to the resort around 5pm.  I went to the pool, as I had not had the chance to do that yet.  With all the rain, who wanted to do that?  Not me!  The sun was out, and I swam around a bit, and it made my feet feel better as well. Took some pictures of my resort area since the sun was finally out!






 
I went back to my room, got dressed and strolled over to Landscape of Flavors for a bit to eat around 8pm.  I turned in early as I had a big day going to EPCOT the next morning.  I wanted to get an early start, if I felt up to it.

Stay tuned for day 5 and my exciting day at EPCOT for the Flower & Garden Festival!



2 comments:

  1. How kewl that you got to do May the fourth be with you, meet Brent Dodge, AND Amy Peterson!
    Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had already met both on my last trip in Oct. of '12....and was great to see them both again! It was really a fun day!

      Delete