Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2020

FOODIE FRIDAY! Batuu!! A Non-reservation location, and a Cocktail Stop at Oga's Cantina!

Bright Suns!  That is the daytime greeting in a wonderful place called Batuu.  That would be Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios!  

I really can't wait to go back..........to experience Rise of the Resistance for the first time.  I am so excited, I am beyond even attempting to put it into  words. 

I have absolutely loved my experiences (yes, I have been three times now) at Galaxy's Edge so far, and look forward to having a fun time with Paul there on this trip.  He has not been yet, and I am excited for him to see it.

We will be having lunch at Ronto Roasters.  I loved what I had both times I ate there before.  It's really good food, and not all that expensive.  I have had the Ronto  Breakfast Wrap which is Eggs, Grilled Pork Sausage, Shredded Cheddar, and Peppercorn Sauce in Pita Bread.  It is very good, and a good amount of food to get you through your morning wandering around in Batuu.
The other thing I have had is the Endorian Chicken Wrap. It is  Marinated Chicken, Cucumber Relish, Yogurt and Feta Pesto Sauce.  It is also very tasty.  At time of press, each one runs $12.49.  

The nice thing is that Mobile Ordering is now available here.  Not that I have waited a long amount of time for food in this location, but you never know.  Better safe that wasting valuable time standing in line to place your order.  With Mobile Order however, you cannot pay cash, as it is a pre-pay system.  

We are planning on ordering the regular Ronto Wrap which has  Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread and again at time of press, this runs $12.99.  It is pictured here with the Tatooine Sunset drink which is $5.49.




Before we continue on, a cocktail and beer is called for at Oga's Cantina.  I can't go all the way to Batuu and not stop in to the planets favorite watering hole!
Adults enjoy exotic beverages inside a Star Wars cantina with hoses, tubes and unusual machines
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience

Oga's is so much fun even if you are alone!  There is always someone to talk to in there!  I have had two different cocktails so far.  They include the

Yub Nub

Malibu Pineapple Rum, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Citrus Juices, and Passion Fruit

and 
Fuzzy Tauntaun
Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam

This next visit I am going to try the 

The Outer Rim

Patrón Silver Tequila, Cedilla Açaí Liqueur, Lime Juice, Pure Cane Sugar, with Black Salt and Exotic Fruit Purée
 



Photo Credit: Disney Tourist Blog

Photo Credit: Disney Tourist Blog

And who can pass up a chance to check out DJ Rex in action??  I sure can't!
Join us again next week as we take a look at the last two locations we have in out dining plans.  They are Raglan Road and Art Smith's Homecomin'!!


No comments:

Post a Comment