Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2019

FOODIE FRIDAY! My Dinner at Be Our Guest

The coat-of-arms signage outside Be Our Guest restaurant
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience

Interior of the grand Ballroom at Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom park
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience


Since the last time I had dinner at Be Our Guest back in 2013, many things have changed.  Mainly, the changes pertain to the menu.  There is now a pre-fix menu at dinner service for a specific price, which at time of publishing was $60.00 per person for adult  The choices on the new menu are in my opinion, much better than they used to be.  

When I was there for dinner back in 2013, you met with Beast after your meal.  Now you meet with him before you go in.  It was much better doing it before the way the line flows.  When it was after, the line was in the dining room, and that was not good.  This is a great improvement.



Getting a hug from the Beast is the best!  Having dinner with friends is even better!



















    
                                                          
Passholders can get a discount on food, if you have Tables In Wonderland you can use your discount of your food and alcohol as well.  I just got my card as I could see from my last trip that if I am going to have at least one cocktail, wine or beer a day, it will save me money over the duration of my trips.  

Close-up of the cover of a menu from Be Our Guest restaurant
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience
I was honored to dine that evening with my friend Darlene.  We had a wonderful time and great dinner together.  

The picture below of the dining room from our table.....is really ironic as we sat at the very same table I sat at the first time I was there.  I don't forget things like that!


I started out with a glass of Rose' (Hey, since I was at Beasts Castle, what else would I choose?)  It was delicious......

Enchantée Rosé (Enchanted) Gérard Bertrand Syrah/Grenache Rosé, Languedoc

This enchanted Rosé from the Languedoc region in the South of France is a blend of Syrah and Grenache. This wine is succulently fruity on the palate with rich notes of ripe cherry, muddled strawberry, and a crisp finish

Bottle
$49.00
Glass
$11.00


I chose the Field Greens Salad.  It was refreshing and also delicious.....

Mixed Field Greens

Drunken Goat Cheese, Hazelnut Brittle, and Asparagus with a Stone Fruit Vinaigrette.


Both Darlene and I chose the Sea Scallops for our entree.

Pan-seared Sea Scallops

Spring Pea Risotto, Seasonal Vegetables, Fried Artichoke Hearts, and Micro Basil
 Once again.....
it was delicious......(do you see a pattern forming here?)

The dessert is the same for everyone.  It's a trio of, yes........deliciousness!!  But the most delicious on the plate, was......but of course.....the grey stuff........YES!  It's delicious!

Dessert Trio

Almond Macaron

with Lemon Jam and Raspberries


White Chocolate "Chip" Cup

with Grey Stuff and Crisp Pearls


Dark Chocolate Truffle

filled with Dark Chocolate Grand Marnier Ganache
I love the plate, and the edible paper below the treats was fairly tasteless, but still fun to eat!!
You can find the full dinner menu posted below.  If you have been thinking about dining at Be Our Guest for any meal, my favorite is actually breakfast.  I have always been pleased with my lunch choices as well.  Dinner is just something special though, as it's the only time you can have a meet and greet with Beast.  It is a very fun interaction.  

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Dinner Menu

Magic Kingdom Park, Fantasyland
Special and Unique Dining








PLEASE NOTE: Guests may consult with a chef or special diets trained Cast Member before placing an order. We use reasonable efforts in our sourcing, preparation and handling procedures to avoid the introduction of the named allergens into allergy-friendly menu choices. While we take steps to prevent cross-contact, we do not have separate allergy-friendly kitchens and are unable to guarantee that a menu item is completely free of allergens. Allergy-friendly offerings are reliant on supplier ingredient labels. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of each food item. Allergen advisory statements (e.g.,”may contain") are not regulated and therefore not taken into consideration when developing allergy-friendly meals. It is ultimately our Guests' discretion to make an informed choice based upon their individual dietary needs.
Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.

Join me again next week as we take a look at more delicious Disney food!








No comments:

Post a Comment