Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Attending the D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archive Exhibit Opening Day in Chicago!





Even though we were 10 minutes too late for the press conference and I missed seeing Mickey Mouse by a matter of minutes, the experience today was unbelievable.

We were very first admitted today for the first showing of the Walt Disney Archive Exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  I had not been to this museum since I was kid on a school field trip.  I know my kids went as grade-schoolers, but I was not a chaperon for those trips.

The minute we walked in to the small hallway they had set up, they took our picture in front of a green screen.  They said we could pick up our pictures at the exit of the exhibit.  Immediately after the got our picture taken, there was a reporter and camera man from the local ABC affiliate who asked if they could interview us.  My husband said, "she is the Disney nut, you want to talk to her!"  HA!  I told the lady nut, is putting it mildly.  Anyway, she asked my name, and if we were at the museum today specifically for the Disney exhibit, and I answered with a resounding yes!  She asked how long I had been a fan of Disney.  I told her since I was a very young child, watching The Wonderful World of Disney on TV and seeing movies like Mary Poppins and Jungle Book.  I was hooked.  And that all turned in to my love of everything Disney, including Disney parks, and the cruise line.

The exhibit was fascinating!  I was overwhelmed with emotions as I walked through looking at a lot of history I already knew, but it was so wonderful seeing things up close and personal, even if behind glass.
Seeing Walt's desk made me stop and stare for I don't really know how long.

The costumes, the artifacts, the film clips, and brought tears to my eyes.  I probably could have spent hours in there, but we left after about an hour and a half, which is a lot more time than others took.  I could not pull myself away from certain areas.  I was like a kid in a candy store!

Please enjoy the pictures I have posted below.  If you are local, please try to get to this event.  Here is the link for the museum and how you can order tickets as well.
http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/treasures-of-the-walt-disney-archives/





















Cinderella Castle in Legos!








Tuxedo worn by Tom Hanks for the film Saving Mr. Banks that will be out at Christmas, 2013!!





These are only a small selection of the 200+ photos I took.  If you are friends with me on Facebook, I have them all posted in an album.  Please feel free to take a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment