Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Treats at Magic Kingdom!!

Treats Sensation: Magic Kingdom’s Latest Snack Items By: Tara Smith
Had to share this bit of information from the Disney by the Numb3rs site. This looks yummy, and I will be getting it!! A couple months ago, I heard about new snack items being offered at Sleepy Hollow, a little food stand nestled in between Cinderella’s Castle and Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. I’m sure by now most people have heard about the waffle items now served, from Sweet and Sour Chicken Waffles, to Prosciutto, Ham, and Swiss Waffles, to Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffles. I finally had a chance to check out the waffles and report if they really do taste as good as they sound. I’m not much of a Chicken ‘n Waffles kind of person, mostly because I grew up in the Northeast. It’s not a major delicacy for us up there, so the thought of chicken and waffles going together sounds weird to me. What I went to go try, though, was the Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle. If you haven’t tried Nutella before, it’s a spread of chocolate and hazelnut that is advertised for putting on toast for breakfast. I tried a little bit of it before, and it tasted good then. It tastes like it should be bad for you to eat a lot, but actually, it’s healthy for you. Healthy chocolate: a wonderful concept. Now, to get to the point of this article: was it worth the money? Answer: yes, yes it definitely was. The cast members at Sleepy Hollow make the Belgium waffle, spread a ton of Nutella on it, top it with freshly-cut fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, and bananas, and ta-da! That’s all it takes. It’s pretty big, but worth every bite. It costs roughly around six dollars, so it’s a pretty reasonable price. If you get the chance to go to Magic Kingdom, I highly recommend trying this, along with the other waffle products they have. And, if you are on the meal plan, I believe this would fall under your quick serve meal! What a great breakfast, right????



1 comment: