Total Pageviews

Friday, June 18, 2021

FOODIE FRIDAY! Quiche Pie Shell Recipe from Walt Disney World!

 I am a lover of quiche.  I love all kinds and have my favorites, but today, I am going to share with you a recipe from one of my many Disney cookbooks.



This recipe is from my Cooking with Mickey Around the World.  

This is the recipe for a great pie shell I use for my quiche when I make one.  

Yield - 1 9-inch or 2 4-inch pie shells

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup shortening

1/4 cup VERY cold water (I actually put a couple ice cubes in some water as I am working and then I take the water from that).


Blend flour, salt, and shortening with a pastry blender. (I have also used a food processor with great success).  Add water and stir with a fork until the mixture forms a ball.

On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough to fit a pie plate(s).  

Make edges as high as possible.  

For unbaked pie shell(s), set aside for filling.  For baked pie shell(s), bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.  Do not over brown.  Remove from oven and cool on a rack.  

I hope you find this as easy as I do!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment