Total Pageviews

Friday, August 23, 2019

FOODIE FRIDAY! My Lunch at Coral Reef Restaurant

If you are not familiar with the name, Coral Reef Restaurant is located in the Future World section of Epcot.    It has been there for a long time, and I have dined here several times before.  I love it, I love the food, and I have always had great service.

This visit was just yesterday on my last day for this trip.  It was very relaxing after what was rather a whirlwind trip of only four days.  Never again, and never again in August for me.  It's just too darned hot!!

My reservation was for 12:05pm.  I got there little early just so I could go sit inside the air conditioning and "chill" so to speak.  I got seated about 12:10, so not too bad.

My server was Christie, so easy to remember, right?  She was great and was very attentive to me which was comforting since I was alone.  Everyone else around me was in bigger parties.

Rows of tables at Coral Reef Restaurant alongside a bank of aquarium windows
Photo Credit: My Disney Experience

This is the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese!  It's delicious!



I also had the Colossal Shrimp appetizer.  The Mac and cheese was an "enhancement "with a smaller portion since I wanted both.  The full menu is below so you can see the different in size, and pricing.  I forgot to take a photo of my shrimp, so I found this photo on Yelp.  It was exactly what my servicing looked like. 
Photo of Coral Reef Restaurant - Orlando, FL, United States. Awkward plating. Shrimp were good once we figured out how to break down the skewer.
Photo Credit Yelp.

I had the Watermelon Lemonade, and it was so refreshing!


 The rolls were really good!  Went great with what I ordered!

This was the secret Annual Passholder free dessert that is going on until the end of the month!  Ssshhhhh.....it's a secret!  It was a wine sorbet on a bed of "sand" which was ground up graham crackers, a berry compote on a creamy base.  It was so good, and so light and refreshing at the end of my meal.



 This is the shell light right next to me at my table.

Coral Reef Restaurant

Lunch Menu

Epcot, Future World
Special and Unique Dining
PLEASE NOTE: Guests may consult with a chef or special diets trained Cast Member before placing an order. We use reasonable efforts in our sourcing, preparation and handling procedures to avoid the introduction of the named allergens into allergy-friendly menu choices. While we take steps to prevent cross-contact, we do not have separate allergy-friendly kitchens and are unable to guarantee that a menu item is completely free of allergens. Allergy-friendly offerings are reliant on supplier ingredient labels. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of each food item. Allergen advisory statements (e.g.,”may contain") are not regulated and therefore not taken into consideration when developing allergy-friendly meals. It is ultimately our Guests' discretion to make an informed choice based upon their individual dietary needs.
Menu items and prices are subject to change without notice.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.


Please join me again next week as we take a look at more food I had on this trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment