Total Pageviews

Friday, July 19, 2019

FOODIE FRIDAY! Thing's I Have Not Tried

Happy Friday everyone!  This week we are going to jump out of the water parks, and head to some resorts now.  There are so many great dining options at the Disney resorts at Walt Disney World, it's almost hard to choose when you have a limited time on your vacation.  I have dined at many of them, but there are just so many that I have never been to.  With the availability of the Minnie Lyft rides, or just Lyft or Uber in general, you have quick transportation options at your fingertips.

Just for an example, on my last trip to WDW, I was staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, and I had a breakfast reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge.  In the past, having to just depend on WDW transportation I would have had to leave my resort rather early, take a bus or water transportation to another location then transfer to something else to get me to Wilderness Lodge.  I love the free Disney transportation........(don't get me wrong!) and I depend on it to get me from place to place 95% of the time.  Having these other options (even though you will have to pay for it) is great!  I got from my resort to my dining reservation in less than 10 minutes, and the return trip was the same.  It only cost me around $6 each.

Today, we are going to take a look at the Contempo Cafe inside the Contemporary Resort.  I have dined at Chef Mickey's and California Grill (which is one of my favorites on property!)  Contempo Cafe is a quick service location, so it seems like I don't tend to seek out QS places, unless I am actually staying at the resort where it is located.

On my trip in November, I am going to be popping from one resort to the other as I am taking my camera with me to capture the Christmas decorations at the different resorts, so I may just have to try this if I am around at a meal time.

I love the look of this location, with the Monorail going by, the design of the place, the Mary Blair mural visible.  It's almost like the Future has arrived.  I have posted the entire menu below for breakfast, lunch and dinner.




Contempo Café inside Disney's Contemporary Resort with the monorail gliding through nearby

Monorail gliding above the kitchen and cold drink areas at Contempo Café

A plate topped with bacon, sausage links, scrambled eggs, potato wedges, toast and chunks of fruit

3 chocolate cupcakes, 1 with white frosting and red sprinkles topped with a Mickey Mouse image
All photo credits: My Disney Experience.

Contempo Café

Breakfast Menu

Disney's Contemporary Resort, Magic Kingdom Resort Area
Quick Service Restaurant

Join us again next week as we take a look at another place at the Contemporary Resort that I have not tried!


No comments:

Post a Comment