Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Mary Poppins Returns Review.......No Spoilers!


Image result for mary poppins returns

We finally got to go see Mary Poppins Returns last night.  I have been on the fence about going because the original Mary Poppins meant so much to me with great memories from my childhood.


I had heard a few comments like "It was very predictable" and "mirror of the first film" and also, "it was wonderful go see it!"  I thought what the heck, lets go.  For Christmas, we received  gift cards for AMC from my Son Tim and his family, so we didn't even have to pay!

I am so very happy we went, and went last night on New Years Eve.  It was a wonderful way to end 2018!  The film was wonderfully done, very uplifting,  maybe a little predictable, but not a mirror of the first film at all.

The acting was terrific, special effects great, and the music!  Oh, the music was the best part.  I could not imagine that it could have been better than the wonderful songs by the Sherman Brothers in Mary Poppins, but I would certainly rank it right up there with them.  I saw that Richard Sherman did consulting for the music of the new film, and I think I could hear some of his influence in many of the songs.

If you have not done so yet, do yourself a favor in the new year and go and see this this film.  You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment