Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

DiVine is a Must-See




Disney's Animal Kingdom is one of those places where you really should not be in a rush.  It's the kind of place where you need to open your eyes, your mind and your heart and let the park fold it's every loving arms around you.  So many misguided travelers are given bad information, and are told that Animal Kingdom is a half-day park.  That is just not the case.  I arrived for rope drop, and was there until at least 5pm on my last visit.  I would have stayed until closing. 

Yes, I am as guilty as the next person who wants to make a mad dash to Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®.  Yes, I made the dash there to get my FastPass, and was able to ride right away.  Nothing like a rush of adrenaline first thing in the morning.  After I took my first go-round with the Yeti, I had an hour to pass until my FastPass time came about.  I took a leisurely stroll around Asia.  After I got done the second time, I then took my time the rest of the day.  In doing so, I was able to observe many things that I have always been in too big of a hurry to notice.  One of them is the subject of this blog.

One of the goals on my last trip was to spot something at Disney's Animal Kingdom that many people totally  miss, due to rushing around and trying to get to that next attraction.  As we missed this sighting on our trip in October, we totally fall under the category of not being observant enough.   I was not going to let that happen yet again.
 
Normally found at on the pathway between Africa and Asia (she is occasionally in the Oasis near Rainforest Cafe), Divine is a definite must-see. If you don't find  her,  you can check with a cast member where she can be found, and what times she might be "hanging" around. 

As I was leaving Asia and heading over to Africa, I was taking pictures of the "back side" of the Tree of Life. 






There was a PhotoPass photographer there, so after I was done taking my own pictures, I asked him to take some pictures of me.







As I finished with him, I looked up, and low and behold, right across the past I saw movement in the leaves, and there she was.  DiVine!!  I was thrilled that I was able to spot her, and would not have if I would have been in too big of a hurry.













Take my advice.  When you visit Disney's Animal Kingdom............slow down!!!  You will not be sorry.  You might just miss something as special as DiVine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment