Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

Memorable Monday!

Well, here we are again at Monday.  Thankfully these weeks are passing by quickly we we approach our next trip "home."  We are now only 57 days away.  As I reminisce about past trips, one comes to mind as special. 

My children and I were on a trip to Walt Disney World for the 25th Anniversary.  It was their second time to visit.  We had a great time of course.  This one was really special because they were old enough to being to appreciate the magic.   My youngest son was not quite 2 on his first visit, so he remembers nothing. He was almost 4 on this visit, still a bit young to remember it all, but the older one really did. 
This visit we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and for those who know me well, know this is my all time favorite resort. 
On this trip, Pirates of the Caribbean became know to us as "our ride."  From then on, we claimed it as our most favorite attraction.  It will always hold a special place in my heart, and will always be my all time favorite. 

We had breakfast at Olivia's at Old Key West Resort. At that time, they were hosting the character breakfast with Pooh and Friends, which has since moved to the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom.  This was a special breakfast, as my boys were really big fans of Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore (moms favorite) and Tigger.  My youngest adorded Tigger.  Our first trip when he was so small, he cowered at the approach of the characters........not this trip!  He went up to each one to have a conversation.  They are pictured here together with Eeyore, and Tim is with Tigger, his "pal." 
The next picture is me, with bad 90's hair with my boys at EPCOT.  Don't forget to check out our cool shades! 


This was the year of the "Cake Castle," which of course sends chills up the spines of many Disney fans.  We thought it was great!  Come on, the creativity that went into this has to be apprecaited, and in the grand scheme of things, it was only there for a very short time. 

This is a scan of a postcard that we purchased on that trip. 


Last but not least, here are some of the souvenirs we brought home from this trip.  A 25th Anniversary Napkin, and also the stick on "badges" we received as "guests of honor."  Each one has the year we first visited Walt Disney World.  I know there were many people there that had visited before me, but having a badge that said 1976, made me feel pretty special! 


This was a trip that I will remember forever (just like all my other trips) to my "happy place/home."

If you would like to submit pictures, and a story about a memorable trip to a Disney location including a Disney cruise, or Adventures by Disney guided tour, or Aulani, please send an email to: Disneynut1958@gmail.com.  Please type your story and send the pictures as attachments.  I will then let you know what week you will be featured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment