Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Memorable Monday!

Good morning all!  Once again, it is Monday.  That dreaded start of the work week.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  This morning we are featuring a young woman who I have had the pleasure of working with at my former agency, and also got to meet and spend time with at the D23 Fanniversary event this past June, which took place in Chicago.  Kristal Tinsler is our featured member this morning!  Enjoy her story and pictures!

This past May, we gave our boys the surprise of a lifetime...A  Disney cruise!

My husband and I had been before, for our honeymoon, but the boys, had been asking forever it seems, when they would be able to go.
I booked a year and a half before our trip date, and wanted at so many moments to just scream, we are going on a Disney cruise!! But, I held it, and held it... it got SO hard as it got closer!

I had everything planned out! We were staying at all star movies the night before, which the boys LOVED! Then, we had a limo pick us up to take us to port, we told the boys we had to go to another hotel, so they didn't question why we were leaving with our luggage.
As we got close, you could see the ships, and my heart was in my throat! I thought I was going to scream, and cry, all at once!

We pulled up to port, and the boys didn't noticed the ship, somehow!! We went in, and I told them I had to do some work stuff, and that they could hang out with Mickey and look around for a few, all the while, I was checking us in :)
I got all our cards, and met my husband and kids over by the ship model, it was time for the big reveal! I handed them each their key cards, and told them that they were their room keys, they asked why they had Donald on them, if we were not at Disney anymore, and I told them that the ship in the model behind them, was our hotel for the next 4 days.. my oldest put two and two together, and screamed, "Are we going on a Disney cruise?!?!" I said yes we are, and he and my youngest started jumping up and down, then, my oldest hugged me so hard, and started crying.. it was the greatest feeling in the world!

The boys had such a wonderful time, riding the aqua-duck, eating junk whenever possible, playing shuffle board,,, it was the most amazing family time we have ever had!
When we got off, my oldest asked if we can go again, I said of course we could! And he proceeded to ask if we could do the 14 day cruise next time! I told him we should stick to maybe the 7 day next time ;)

We spent the remainder of our trip, in the Pirate room, at Caribbean Beach Resort, at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.
I have to say, this was by far, the BEST family vacation, and will be very hard to ever top!!!




 Thank you so much to Kristal for sharing this great story, and these awesome pictures from your last cruise! 
If any of you are interested in sharing your story with us for Memorable Monday, please send me your story, with pictures in an attachment to: Disneynut1958@gmail.com. 
As Mickey says, see ya real soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment